Shades of 92 Miami... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shades of 92 Miami...

ND went 2-8 that year and PH was their QB. Yep, that definitely is worse than Tim Brown. Yet another reason to hate ND.
I was mostly saying overrated player. Paul Hornung was at least a HOF guy, he just didn't deserve to win. Torretta was just an above average guy on a great team.

Not a particular incendiary statement but the clock management on the last drive was pretty poor- took wayyyy too long, a sentiment you can actually hear in the crowd as the play clock ticks down- and ultimately was fatal. Tough call- I am sure the goal was to leave Miami absolutely no time on the clock, and awareness of clock management has come a long way since 1992.
Graves took a shot at the beginning of the last drive where they had to take a TO so he could throw up and get settled. The slow pace was because he was essentially in distress and needed extra time to check into the right play calls.

Coach P said as much after the game. If you want to complain about something, they wasted a timeout when they had a 1st and goal from the one inch line because they were too late getting the right personnel in. The extra timeout would’ve been huge.

This game made me fall in love with Syracuse football. We lost but there didn’t seem like a chance we would win, except there we were ready to take the game at the end. Miami was a larger than life opponent. Top 10 matchup. Dome was rockin’. So many reasons to be amped up.

Going to have lots of nerves on Saturday but not like that. I stupidly believe every week now that we will win.

I'm not sure 19 and 7 was even that great for that era and he benefited for WR making him look good. Yeah Faulk should've won that year. It was definitely a team award that year.
If I remember right, he had no interceptions coming into our game. That was one of the reasons he won the Heisman, and one of the reasons the crowd exploded when Conley did it.

If I remember right, he had no interceptions coming into our game. That was one of the reasons he won the Heisman, and one of the reasons the crowd exploded when Conley did it.
He hadn’t thrown a pick in over 100 passes. Just watched the broadcast again today

I feel like this weekend we will take Clemson's punches and be in a game into the 4th quarter. Similar to this 92 game, do we have what it takes to get over the hump. Few observations for me:

1. Graves was hurting on that last drive and stuck in there. Total warrior.
2. Syracuse had ALOT of talent on both sides of the ball. That to me is their best modern team for sure. The benchmark IMO. 87 was special, 92 was talented.
3. To have Brent at the Dome is something. How many times did we get Keith Jackson to the dome. Did he do the 94 Miami game?
4. Had they won this game, what changes bowl game wise? Did they already accept an invitation to the Fiesta? The game was house money no matter what I think
Both the 87 and 92 teams were talented. The 87 team had several future NFL players on it.
Drummond
Moore
Kane
Kelly
Flannery
Fraser
Conover
Burnett
Wooden
Paul
Philcox
I know I'm missing someone.

Edit: Gregory

Last edited:
Coming off a big win vs 17th ranked BC, Syracuse had Miami following week.

I had a vision of us driving on Clemson and Gadsen catching it on the 3rd and driving into the endzone to make up for the Miami loss.

Win it for Gedney. It's our time.
i was there...

Does any other fanbase compare current moments to the 1990s and 1980s as much as we do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom