shafer and issue with jimbo fisher | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

shafer and issue with jimbo fisher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing ... if Shafer had left Winfield, Bennett, and Arciniega off the injury report for Louisville, posters would be calling him dishonest and want him fired immediately for setting a bad example for the kids.

the response would be no comment!!! lets talk about louisville
Id be pissed too. The first thing i thought when FSU's offense rolled onto the field was that i guaranteed Fisher kept the new QB playing silent, which would clearly hurt us in game prep. Quite frankly im glad to see Shafer sticking up for things as opposed to the typical love fest he has for the refs and everyone else. Honesty is good.

I guess SU couldn't find tape of Maguire's game against Clemson last year then. Odd since it was a Sat. night ABC or ESPN game.

You can complain about the injury report, but you cannot say playing the back-up QB was a problem for the defense. Am I the only one who thinks that's crazy?
I think that is crazy yes. They are two completely different qb's. Chuck was not game planning for a pocket passer, he was planning for the running/ screen happy Golson.

I think that is crazy yes. They are two completely different qb's. Chuck was not game planning for a pocket passer, he was planning for the running/ screen happy Golson.

I wouldn't even bother explaining to these guys. They must play Madden so they know everything about football.

Macky44 said:

Yeah - and we played the screen game and runs outside of the tackles pretty well. Esp compared to USF.

Our secondary is not good enough to handle down field accuracy. Those two long bombs killed our chances

Yeah - and we played the screen game and runs outside of the tackles pretty well. Esp compared to USF.

Our secondary is not good enough to handle down field accuracy. Those two long bombs killed our chances

Not that the ultimate ending wouldn't have been different, but on both long passes there was holding calls that both announcers couldn't believe didn't get called I believe.

this is much ado about nothing and it wouldn't have mattered if they game planned for maguire. However, Fisher is a douche for being deceptive. If you have a gentlemen's agreement to list an injury report then you should honor that. all this will do now is create future dishonesty.

HeaterCuse22 said:
Not that the ultimate ending wouldn't have been different, but on both long passes there was holding calls that both announcers couldn't believe didn't get called I believe.

Yeah - I forgot about those. You're right. Brutal no-calls. I usually only see the obvious ones live - and they were both that way.

It's not a big deal but there are better ways to answer a question like that.

"We'll talk in the ACC coach's meeting about the policy on injury reporting. We do every year. Jimbo's a great coach and he's got a helluva team."

See, how hard is that? The "gentleman" quip was silly and counterproductive if the aim is to make sure Jimbo is more forthcoming in the future. Putting people on the defensive with sarcastic comments usually doesn't help any.

Scooch said:
It's not a big deal but there are better ways to answer a question like that. "We'll talk in the ACC coach's meeting about the policy on injury reporting. We do every year. Jimbo's a great coach and he's got a helluva team." See, how hard is that? The "gentleman" quip was silly and counterproductive if the aim is to make sure Jimbo is more forthcoming in the future. Putting people on the defensive with sarcastic comments usually doesn't help any.

I like it. Fire is good. If you feel the opposing coach got an unfair advantage, call him out.

I'm amazed how many people are sticking up for Jimbo.

Funny thing ... if Shafer had left Winfield, Bennett, and Arciniega off the injury report for Louisville, posters would be calling him dishonest and want him fired immediately for setting a bad example for the kids.

Well it's funny because when SU played Wake, Long, Dunkelberger and Ward didn't appear on said injury report. Long might have been healthy at the time, but I don't think the others were cleared to play, or were they?

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2015/09/erv_philips_injury_syracuse_football.html

TheCusian said:
I like it. Fire is good. If you feel the opposing coach got an unfair advantage, call him out. I'm amazed how many people are sticking up for Jimbo.

Where did I stuck up for Jimbo?

I like Shafer's goofball passion too. But occasionally discretion is the better part of valor.

And Jimbo endeared himself to me when he visited our player in the hospital who was bleeding into his chest a couple years ago. So personally I wouldn't call the guy out.

HCSS would not give out specific details of an injury. Jimbo decided to disclose an injury. I just anything to generate clicks to your website :noidea:

The last straw was the article on the statue for Coach Ben.

The guy is feeling the heat, cut him some slack. He faces teams like FSU that are completely loaded, and yet their coach is deceptive in his injury report. The only shot that SU has against a team like that is to have a great game plan, and both coaches know that. So Shafer is steamed that he had his only chance taken from him because the opposing coach didn't play by the agreed upon rules. Should he have taken the high road, I think so, but the guy is fighting for his job and he cares.

Scooch said:
Where did I stuck up for Jimbo? I like Shafer's goofball passion too. But occasionally discretion is the better part of valor. And Jimbo endeared himself to me when he visited our player in the hospital who was bleeding into his chest a couple years ago. So personally I wouldn't call the guy out.

I like Jimbo for that same reason. Still was bush league to not announce Golson was out. He was just cleared by doctors yesterday. I'd be ticked too.

I think Shafer was holding back by saying "gentlemans agreement"...

url1.jpeg

HCSS would not give out specific details of an injury. Jimbo decided to disclose an injury. I just anything to generate clicks to your website :noidea:
Yeah, there is a MASSIVE difference. Just because the University policy is not to disclose concussions - labeling head injuries as "upper body injuries" instead - doesn't mean Shafer or SU are being deceptive. I don't get why people have such a hardon for the language of "UBI" when - again, I can't stress this enough - it's the program's policy to not discuss concussions until a player has been medically disqualified.

That's an enormous difference here. Jimbo didn't even list Golson as questionable, and didn't reveal that he would be sitting until about 2 hours before kickoff. It's apples and oranges between that, and listing someone as having an "upper body injury."

I like it. Fire is good. If you feel the opposing coach got an unfair advantage, call him out.

I'm amazed how many people are sticking up for Jimbo.
Fire is only good if it's accompanied by intelligence and calculated decisions.

FWIW, it is possible to think (a) Fisher was in the wrong and should have at least had Golson ON the injury report, and (b) Shafer shouldn't have made that quip about being a "gentleman".

I know it's hard to believe people are capable of sophisticated thought, but it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom