shafer and issue with jimbo fisher | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

shafer and issue with jimbo fisher

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, it is possible to think (a) Fisher was in the wrong and should have at least had Golson ON the injury report, and (b) Shafer shouldn't have made that quip about being a "gentleman".

I know it's hard to believe people are capable of sophisticated thought, but it's true.

I agree, shafer for a supposed hard nosed coach, sounds like a whiner

What is funny is that it would appear that they have the same situation with Kendall Moore this week as FSU did with Golson. Not on injury report this week and will not play. They should have prepared for Maguire regardless. Does not put them in a good light to say they didn't prepare for him. Failure to plan, is planning for failure...

It was bush league by Jimbo. He knew he was out. Put it on the report.

That being said, it must be a slow week here. We have folks reading into every word Shfaer says. My lord.

A gentlemen's agreement or gentleman's agreement is an informal and legally non-binding agreement between two or more parties. It is typically oral, though it may be written, or simply understood as part of an unspoken agreement by convention or through mutually beneficial etiquette. The essence of a gentlemen's agreement is that it relies upon the honor of the parties for its fulfillment, rather than being in any way enforceable. It is, therefore, distinct from a legal agreement or contract, which can be enforced if necessary. - Wikipedia.

syracuse.com has this article. what really bothers me, is shafer has a game to get ready for and he is still focusing on fsu!!!his energy needs to be on louisville!!!why on earth is he complaining about jimbo. hell, jimbo did not call the ill fated time out, the lack of su not opening up the game, using strickland more, poor tackling and bad secondary? he needs to focus on what we do, and not look for EXCUSES for what the opponent has done. stop looking at the refs, and other coaches ---look to our own house first---that is what a mature coach would do---i am a hcss suporter, but it gets harder and harder. ---clean up our own act and grow up quickly please---we have lost 2 games due to coaching-----what does that tell us

Really?

orangenirvana said:
Fire is only good if it's accompanied by intelligence and calculated decisions.

Disagree. Overstatement.

He's made some bad decisions that we all remember but that's very far from unintelligence or a lack of calculated decision making.

IthacaBarrel said:
I agree, shafer for a supposed hard nosed coach, sounds like a whiner

Damned if you damned if you don't.

Would holding your tongue be more hard nosed?

CIL said:
It was bush league by Jimbo. He knew he was out. Put it on the report. That being said, it must be a slow week here. We have folks reading into every word Shfaer says. My lord.

It's hard to put pitchforks away and torches are a bitch to put out once you got em lit

Same 15 - 20 people hijacking threads to force an agenda. Its getting tired.

Hardly 15 - 20. Probably about the same amount of people hijacking threads early in the season to talk about how long the contract extension should be.

Yes. Shafer is starting to get bogged down with nonsense. Doesn't he always say some horseshite quote like control the controlables like the rest of these meatheads. They don't even listen to what they say anymore, it's so absurd. I look for him to get battier as he continues to lose. We are a bad football team... Again

Yes. Shafer is starting to get bogged down with nonsense. Doesn't he always say some horseshite quote like control the controlables like the rest of these meatheads. They don't even listen to what they say anymore, it's so absurd. I look for him to get battier as he continues to lose. We are a bad football team... Again

Who is they?
How is answering a direct question about the release of injury reports on his weekly radio show, bogged down?

You are one of the 15-20.

calling yourself hardnosed because it said so on a index card that you wrote for yourself the night before your 1st presser...isnt very hardnosed.

yes, he should be holding his tongue till he puts up a few 8 win regular seasons.

I'm just bummed that in my mind, we will not have a chance this weekend against a very average UL team. Especially with the defensive injuries. It's infuriating that we are going through this again.

One could argue that, yes.

belichick-lets-party-300x250.jpg

calling yourself hardnosed because it said so on a index card that you wrote for yourself the night before your 1st presser...isnt very hardnosed.

yes, he should be holding his tongue till he puts up a few 8 win regular seasons.

Much like Rex building the bully in Buffalo.. Hot air these guys

Who is they?
How is answering a direct question about the release of injury reports on his weekly radio show, bogged down?

You are one of the 15-20.

They are these meathead coaches. Give it a rest

Disagree. Overstatement.

He's made some bad decisions that we all remember but that's very far from unintelligence or a lack of calculated decision making.
Multiple intelligence is a thing. I'm sure Shafer is very smart in many areas. But I want the head coach of my football team to have the type of intelligence that leads to making quick and accurate decisions. Shafer doesn't have that.

It's not a big deal but there are better ways to answer a question like that.

"We'll talk in the ACC coach's meeting about the policy on injury reporting. We do every year. Jimbo's a great coach and he's got a helluva team."

See, how hard is that? The "gentleman" quip was silly and counterproductive if the aim is to make sure Jimbo is more forthcoming in the future. Putting people on the defensive with sarcastic comments usually doesn't help any.
What your first line was is CLASSIC Shafer. Im glad he stepped outside his typical box and showed some fire. Thats my take.

Multiple intelligence is a thing. I'm sure Shafer is very smart in many areas. But I want the head coach of my football team to have the type of intelligence that leads to making quick and accurate decisions. Shafer doesn't have that.

In your opinion

They are these meathead coaches. Give it a rest

I'm supposed to give it a rest. When I have to bumble through post after post of how Shafer is terrible, stupid, ill equipped, cant recruit, has bad breath, hates dogs, thinks babies are ugly and has poor clock management.

Why don't you and the rest of your crew - give it a rest.

Fire is only good if it's accompanied by intelligence and calculated decisions.
Tell that to dragons. Spew fire everywhere and burn the villages i say.

There is literally no point to this response. I just need a vacation.

I'm supposed to give it a rest. When I have to bumble through post after post of how Shafer is terrible, stupid, ill equipped, cant recruit, has bad breath, hates dogs, thinks babies are ugly and has poor clock management.

Why don't you and the rest of your crew - give it a rest.

Your are being forced to bumble through post after post as if people were holding a gun to your head. Stop it. I never understood these type of posts. Just ignore and move on. I do it for 99% of your posts but you seem to want to grapple today and I am sitting in an airport so I guess I took the bait.

What are people suppose to discuss? We have lost 5 in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom