Shafer, Hacket or someone else? | Syracusefan.com

Shafer, Hacket or someone else?

Who should be our next head coach if Marrone leaves?

• Shafer

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Hacket

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Other College Coach

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • NFL Coach or Coordinator

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crusty

Living Legend
Assuming that Marrone gets one of the 7, 8 or 9 NFL jobs who should be our next head football coach?

Hackett keeps Allen, kinda would like us take a chance on him.. Think hell do pretty well if we can keep or bring in some savvy assistants

It has to be Hackett.

I think a lot of people acknowledge that by playing in a Dome, Syracuse needs to be an offensive oriented team. So, now the response is to hire the DC over the promising OC?

I think the 2 most important people to try and keep on staff are Hackett and Wheatley. I think the only way Hackett stays at Syracuse is as the HC b/c I think he will go to the NFL as at least a QB coach if Marrone leaves.

Hackett has significant upside and this would be seen as continuing the program's growth with an energetic young coach with strong bloodlines, had a big hand in developing the offense and is one of the main reasons that Zach Allen is attending.

Plus, the defense returns a lot more talent then the offense. I think with this situation, it is more important to have a certain amount of consistent coaching with these guys as opposed to a new coordinator needing to install a new system and finding starters at QB and WR without knowing the players except from the spring and fall.

I like Shafer, but I think keeping Hackett (and hopefully by extension, Wheatley) would be the best course for Syracuse football.

I think Shafer would be more likely to stay longer if he is successful. I think a young offensive mind with his last name would draw attention from better jobs. That being said would like Hackett as the man. I think Donnie Henderson has a shot since I think he interviewed here when Marrone was hired, I might be wrong on.

of course I hope Marrone comes back

it might be hard signing anyone to a long term deal with the chancellor situation and the so called rumours about TGD

Like I said before,the only hard choice doug has to make is which 5 recruiting visits he will take. Then the second part here is what G.M.job the good doctor will take,but in the end only our season tickets will double and gives the board something else to bitch about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom