Shamarko runs a 4.38 in his first 40 | Syracusefan.com

Shamarko runs a 4.38 in his first 40

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Nm

Sent using my Commodore 64

He also took a small tumble towards the end.

No mention of the face plant he did at the finish line?

Think he will run even faster his second attempt - he reached a bit early at the end.

The NFL.com commentators said Shamarko's concussion history is a big red flag for his draft potential. I hope he runs a sub 4.35 2nd time.

Someone else ran a 4.35 so Shamarko is only the second fastest safety right now. That's going to fire him up and he'll run a 4.33 or a 4.34 to regain the lead.

Face plant wasn't pretty, but he's gonna get PAID so who cares.

shamarkofail_medium.gif

I doubt Shamarkos second time will be faster. That tumble will prevent that IMO. He will be fine though.

Also remember these times are unofficial, official times are almost always slower and usually around 0.05 slower than the unofficial.

I doubt Shamarkos second time will be faster. That tumble will prevent that IMO. He will be fine though.

Also remember these times are unofficial, official times are almost always slower and usually around 0.05 slower than the unofficial.
You lost me. How does the tumble affect his next try or "prevent" a faster time next one?

Why is this "unofficial"?

You lost me. How does the tumble affect his next try or "prevent" a faster time next one?

Why is this "unofficial"?

The unofficial is Charlie Casserly using a stop watch. The official is the laser times that get released at the end of the day.

As for the tumble, it's going to off-set his body's balance, and couple that with the fact that in the past 5 years of me watching the combine, nobody who has tumbled on their first run has improved their time the second run (which is admittedly a small sample size of tumblers), and the general concept that the second run is about 75-80% of the time slower than the first anyways. What tends to stay consistent is the 10 and 20 yard splits. Long-speed fatigue tends to show through on the second run in form of about 3 hundredths of a second.

If I were a betting man, Shamarko runs a 4.40 flat this run, and his official comes back as a 4.42.

And his second 40 is a 4.41

Ding ding ding called it, a 3 hundredths of a second difference.

4.41 on the second run. That's not too shabby.

And Mike Mayock just talked about how explosive his butt is, or something. So good work on that, SHAMARKO.

And his second 40 is a 4.41

Ding ding ding called it, a 3 hundredths of a second difference.
Unofficially ;)

Thanks for the explanation.

The unofficial is Charlie Casserly using a stop watch. The official is the laser times that get released at the end of the day.

As for the tumble, it's going to off-set his body's balance, and couple that with the fact that in the past 5 years of me watching the combine, nobody who has tumbled on their first run has improved their time the second run (which is admittedly a small sample size of tumblers), and the general concept that the second run is about 75-80% of the time slower than the first anyways. What tends to stay consistent is the 10 and 20 yard splits. Long-speed fatigue tends to show through on the second run in form of about 3 hundredths of a second.

If I were a betting man, Shamarko runs a 4.40 flat this run, and his official comes back as a 4.42.

Called the official 4.42 as well. Damn I'm good at this.

SHAMARKO! is getting a pretty big fan in Primetime right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom