Sharps counting on a big C's win tonight.. | Syracusefan.com

Sharps counting on a big C's win tonight..

MyMeloMyMan

All Conference
Word is that Wade has been having a lot of work done on that knee... Celtics to pounce tonight and then have an easy close out on Thursday night.

No reason that the Heat shouldn't win by at least 15 tonight.

Bosh may play tonight, Wade looks to have an extra spring in his step, James is one of the all-time greats, and, of course, the game is in Miami. Boston's old legs and lack of depth (I'm sure they'd love to have Bradley, Jeff Green and Chris Wilcox coming off the bench instead of Dooling, Pietrus and Hollins) will catch up to them in a big way.

The line earlier today was Heat -8. Take the Heat. Easy money.

I don't think I'd have the balls to bet the C's money line...but I like the points. In theory you are right though...Game 5 goes to the home team and you'd expect Lebron and Wade to live at the line.

Personally, I just think the Heat are toast, especially the way they are playing Rondo.

BAM! This gambling thing is TOO easy.

Miami is just not a championship team. Two great parts...but not champions. It was plain to see from day one.

Good thing I don't gamble on sports!

Gutsy effort from the Celts. They weathered the early storm and just wore down the Heat.

Call me a hater, or whatever, but I question the mental toughness of the Heat, collectively. They're great when they have a big lead, but in a close game, they seem to tighten up. The Celtics just seem so much tougher. That shot by Pierce...wow.

Great move by Rivers to switch defenses in the 4th quarter. Amazing how mixing in a different defensive look can confuse the opponent...

Im not ready to say its over but early evidence is that the Heat are, and have been since the Big 3 came together, frontrunners who tighten up when it get close. Tim Legler predicted a Heat win, but said IF the Celtics can keep it close they will win because the C's make winning plays whereas the Heat just forget how to run offense down the stretch.

Also, the Heat free throw shooting from LBJ and Wade is a problem. LBJ has been incredible except for at the line and Wade is becoming an automatic 1 of 2.

Does Westbrook wear frames in his hipster glasses, or is it just Wade that goes without them? Even hipsters frown on that.

Im not ready to say its over but early evidence is that the Heat are, and have been since the Big 3 came together, frontrunners who tighten up when it get close. Tim Legler predicted a Heat win, but said IF the Celtics can keep it close they will win because the C's make winning plays whereas the Heat just forget how to run offense down the stretch.

Also, the Heat free throw shooting from LBJ and Wade is a problem. LBJ has been incredible except for at the line and Wade is becoming an automatic 1 of 2.

Yeah I'm not ready to say that either, but it looks harder and harder to ignore that. (And the FT shooting is killing them).

But also, I think some of it may be coaching. Doc Rivers seems like one of the best coaches at drawing up plays after timeouts, or little setpieces to get him team a bucket. (From last night I am specifically thinking of the alley oop Rondo threw to Garnett from the right side of the court. There were probably others but I was flipping back and forth between the Mets game so I may have missed them).

But Miami got solid minutes from Bosh last night, Lebron had a very strong game, and they lost at home. Man, I just looked at the box. Pierce was 6-19, Allen was 2-9, and Rondo was 3-15 and they won on the road! The Miami guys outside the big 3 made 5 field goals last night. I don't like KG all that much, but I feel like every game i am getting more respect for him. What an awesome player and still going strong.

KG is getting mad props from me. Hes always annoyed me but since im rooting for them to beat Miami I find myself being blown away with how intense he is. Hes the best player in the Playoffs right now. The dude is just beasting.

The beautiful thing for Doc Rivers was...he could just let Garnett play free safety. He didn't have to guard whatever Miami big was in the game. He could freelance and double anyone coming at the basket. How does Spo not put Bosh back in for the last 5 minutes??

I think blame can go a lot of places in Miami...but, Lebron is doing pretty much what you expect out of him...Wade has been pretty close to what you'd expect.. and they are still going to go home early. I still have to laugh a little bit at signing Mike Miller for 5 years/25 mill. With the little money they had left, they had to NAIL that signing...and Mike Miller is a journeyman streak shooter who can't do anything else.

The beautiful thing for Doc Rivers was...he could just let Garnett play free safety. He didn't have to guard whatever Miami big was in the game. He could freelance and double anyone coming at the basket. How does Spo not put Bosh back in for the last 5 minutes??

I think blame can go a lot of places in Miami...but, Lebron is doing pretty much what you expect out of him...Wade has been pretty close to what you'd expect.. and they are still going to go home early. I still have to laugh a little bit at signing Mike Miller for 5 years/25 mill. With the little money they had left, they had to NAIL that signing...and Mike Miller is a journeyman streak shooter who can't do anything else.

They've done that a few times. Haslem, Anthony, Miller. That's why I don't totally buy that the Big 3 concept can't work. They've done a terrible job surrounding those guys.

OKC has a big three with Durant/Westbrook/Harden but there is no way they can keep all their surrounding pieces when the time cmes. When you allocate so much to 3 players you sacrifice alot.

OKC has a big three with Durant/Westbrook/Harden but there is no way they can keep all their surrounding pieces when the time cmes. When you allocate so much to 3 players you sacrifice alot.

You definitely do, but I'm just saying Miami has done an awful job filling in around their guys. They've basically whiffed on every acquisition.

If you are going to have 3 max money guys...you basically need to find a steal in the draft every other year.

How about OKC hitting on both Harden and Ibaka? I mean, that was ha-uuuuge. They won't have to pay them until after next year. The front office is so important.

Good call meloman. Money line would've been sweet.

I love reading these threads after the game to see people's takes and how they panned out. Every game is a 50-50 proposition. You either win or lose but there is always WAY more involved. I guess that's why they call it gambling.

You definitely do, but I'm just saying Miami has done an awful job filling in around their guys. They've basically whiffed on every acquisition.

It's amazing to me that Riley can't find a guy who can make an open 24 footer. If you're a Miami fan, who do you have faith in as a tertiary option to knock down an open shot? LeBron gets his perimeter players so many good looks, but outside of Miller, there's not one guy who has any sort of consistency. Battier shoots the ball from his waist like a high school player. Cole is a terrible shooter, half of Chalmers baseline threes hit the side of the backboard.

Watching the Indiana series I became pretty much convinced that the Heat wouldn't be able to win a championship. As much as I like LeBron as a player, it seems like as soon as the Heat establishes any sort of lead, he reverts into 'stand around and hold the ball on the perimeter, then jack up a long jumper' mode. It's pretty clear that they're at their best when LeBron is in attack mode, but he can't sustain it for an entire game. He takes too many plays off whenever they have a lead, and that's why they can't close people out. Championship teams don't do that.

Mason

The biggest problem with the Heat is...they can't take Lebron off the floor, or everything goes to hell, especially on defense. Its never good when your best player, also has to be the guy doing the little things/dirty work. It has to make him weary. He basically has to make everything happen for them to beat good teams. Name one guy on the Heat who can get his own shot aside from DW and LJ? To me, LJ looks beat by the 4Q. He needs to learn to coast more in the first half like D Wade. But, if he does that...then who carries the mail?

James Jones is an awesome shooter, but he doesn't get muich run. Miller can still shoot it but he's hurt and not the player he once was.

James Jones is an awesome shooter, but he doesn't get muich run. Miller can still shoot it but he's hurt and not the player he once was.

Yeah, Jones is probably their best shooter but he's lost on defense. Miller just can't move.

I don't see one yet. I imagine it will be Boston -1. I will be all over the Celtics. I think they crush.

Celtics win tonight...Lebron has a very average performance 22/6/4 and the media has a field day on him over the course of the next week. ESPN lives off of Miami Heat stories until the NFL starts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom