Shooting at University of Virginia | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Shooting at University of Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying that's whats going on here but jail is where they "breed". Getting away isn't always a goal. Sometimes going in is, for recruitment purposes. There is so much more to that nasty world that I wish the populace as a whole knew. There are some very hardcore Mid-Atlantic based gangs operating in the DMV area.
He's never leaving prison.

Anyone who can intentionally kill a person is mentally ill.
I mean that’s obviously not true. Some people kill out of passion, rage, for money, out of revenge, etc. You’re unfairly stigmatizing people who are mentally ill, who are statistically more likely to be the victims of violent crime than perpetrators.

Witnesses who don't cooperate are often worried about retribution. This was a 'hazing' incident of some sort - whatever that is (on campus hazing???)...but for arguments sake lets says this is a bad dude who's known to run around with gang bangers. I don't know too many people who would rat. That's the world they live in.
They already ratted my friend. Shooter is in jail. UVA students are brought up to respect the law.

Witnesses who don't cooperate are often worried about retribution. This was a 'hazing' incident of some sort - whatever that is (on campus hazing???)...but for arguments sake lets says this is a bad dude who's known to run around with gang bangers. I don't know too many people who would rat. That's the world they live in.
"Witnesses who don't cooperate are often worried about retribution. "

Do you mean -Witnesses who do cooperate are often worried about retribution.

The 'ratting' had nothing to do with today. It had to do with an incident last year.

And everybody on thread knew it wasn't a 'joke'.
I disagree. I did not know it was a joke - and I'm on the thread.

My son went to UVA, the friends he grew up with went to UVA and are on the current football coaching staff at this point. The folks on the bus told investigators exactly who did the shooting. They told the truth - as they were brought up - no fear, just the truth.

I mean that’s obviously not true. Some people kill out of passion, rage, for money, out of revenge, etc. You’re unfairly stigmatizing people who are mentally ill, who are statistically more likely to be the victims of violent crime than perpetrators.

I think it's very true. What's obvious is there are different levels and forms of mental illness and people can be mentally ill and not kill. But those who intentionally kill have a form of mental illness. I'm not unfairly stigmatizing anyone.

...I'm not responding back unless it has to do with this incident.

The 'ratting' had nothing to do with today. It had to do with an incident last year.

And everybody on thread knew it wasn't a 'joke'.
Wrong. Eye witness accounts identified the shooter - there was no fear of ratting by the UVA kids at the scene. That's how they found the shooter - people at the scene, mostly UVA kids, identified the shooter. The UVA student body and staff are brave and will defend the tragic deaths of 3 (maybe 5) of their community.

Can you explain more your logic on this? Is everyone in the military or on a police force whom have killed someone mentally ill?

I think that's self explanatory. I'll elaborate if you really need me to.

Wrong. Eye witness accounts identified the shooter - there was no fear of ratting by the UVA kids at the scene. That's how they found the shooter - people at the scene, mostly UVA kids, identified the shooter. The UVA student body and staff are brave and will defend the tragic deaths of 3 (maybe 5) of their community.

Again we were not talking about today.

Go read post #82 and then go read a few news article. There was an on campus hazing incident he was investigated for that was closed because witnesses would not cooperate.

I believe it was a couple of months ago not last year. There was a separate incident last year.

I get what ur saying but your read...

"What he is saying is that it is ridiculous that people just want to throw up some “thoughts and prayers” without taking meaningful action to prevent these events from occurring in the first place."

Assumes no action is being taken. That's a REALLY BAD assumption.

I get what ur saying but your read...

"What he is saying is that it is ridiculous that people just want to throw up some “thoughts and prayers” without taking meaningful action to prevent these events from occurring in the first place."

Assumes no action is being taken. That's a REALLY BAD assumption.

Like the action that was taken after VaTech?

Or Sandy Hook?

Or Parkland?

Or Buffalo?

Or Uvakde?

Or….

Status
Not open for further replies.