Shooting at University of Virginia | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Shooting at University of Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread will NOT become a gun law or political discussion. You want to talk about that stuff take it to the OT board. 8 posts already deleted.

Just absolutely horrible. I feel so bad for that entire program, those families, our staff, all of it. I can't possibly imagine what it has to be like for everyone dealing with this.

It seems like this could have been some sort of an argument after a football gathering of some sort. The garage is at the north end of the Grounds. It's where the drama and studio art departments and the Architecture School have their buildings.
The article I saw said on a charter bus returning from a “field trip.” What kind of field trips do college students -and non students - go to on Sundays?

The article I saw said on a charter bus returning from a “field trip.” What kind of field trips do college students -and non students - go to on Sundays?

The shooter is still a student according to reports.

The latest WaPo report said they went by chartered bus to see a play. The parking garage is near the drama department's building.

Guys, give the mods a break. We all know the rules and they’re gonna nuke the thread I bet if guys keep posting political stuff. It’s possible to have an opinion and not share it with the world

We’re now up to 10 deleted posts. We won’t nuke the thread, we’ll just start nuking offending posters ability to post in it.

Lavell Davis scored the TD that put UVA ahead in the Dome:

(go to the 3:05 mark).

I’m sure someone already answered this, but it was a play they saw in DC.

Absolutely horrible. Prayers to their team and campus community, it's awful.

Maybe lock the thread and just put information articles on here and start an OT thread. Not sure what type of comments you expect to receive on a gun violence story. Perhaps we can discuss the loss of these fine gentlemen to the UVA program and their ability to win another game but that seems Inappropriate

Maybe lock the thread and just put information articles on here and start an OT thread. Not sure what type of comments you expect to receive on a gun violence story. Perhaps we can discuss the loss of these fine gentlemen to the UVA program and their ability to win another game but that seems Inappropriate

There’s 65 other posts that seemed to do fine.

It’s horrible on so many levels. The shooter got on the bus with classmates/ex-teammates, traveled to DC, watched a play together, rode back to campus and then opened fire?

Why?
Because the UVa campus seems like a place untouched by time, at least compared to other ACC schools.

The male students wear dress shirts, ties and khaki pants to football games.

The female students wear sun dresses and pearls.

When UVa scores a touchdown, the student body sings Auld Lang Syne.

Because the UVa campus seems like a place untouched by time, at least compared to other ACC schools.

The male students wear dress shirts, ties and khaki pants to football games.

The female students wear sun dresses and pearls.

When UVa scores a touchdown, the student body sings Auld Lang Syne.

When I interviewed there while a HS senior I still remember male students had long hair and sandals to go along with their required sports coats.

I have a very specific take on this based on my recent experience with the University of Arizona (as I said up thread, my son is a student there and they had a homicide on campus a few weeks ago). It's not political but it does touch on issues related to on campus security. I honestly don't have any idea if I can share it based on the above, which is kind of a bummer. I guess DM me if anyone cares. If not, it's fine.

It’s horrible on so many levels. The shooter got on the bus with classmates/ex-teammates, traveled to DC, watched a play together, rode back to campus and then opened fire?
I had asked that same question, that he had the gun with him the entire time. It's impossible to fathom a world different then the world that I know I live in and many others on here. However, I do know a lot of people that own handguns (legally) but they never come out of the gun safe except maybe to target shoot. However there are thousands (millions?) of people who carry concealed guns (legally and illegally) that the person could cause such a tragedy as what happened here.

Status
Not open for further replies.