Shooting at University of Virginia | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shooting at University of Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was facetiming with my son when the shooting happened at U Arizona a few weeks ago. I was terrified but at least could see him. I feel awfully for those impacted, everyone else on campus, and the parents of students there

Mike Hollins, one of the prime RBs in the rotation, and Dontavion Wicks, the other starting WR, were wounded in the shooting. This is beginning to suck on more levels than I can count.
What a horrible tragedy.

Out of all the ACC campuses, UVa is the last one I would have thought this kind of thing could happen.

Mike Hollins, one of the prime RBs in the rotation, and Dontavion Wicks, the other starting WR, were wounded in the shooting. This is beginning to suck on more levels than I can count.
Just awful. Clearly targeted to football team from a former (walk-on?) player?

Just awful. Clearly targeted to football team from a former (walk-on?) player?
It seems like this could have been some sort of an argument after a football gathering of some sort. The garage is at the north end of the Grounds. It's where the drama and studio art departments and the Architecture School have their buildings.

Making UVA finish their games this season does not seem right. I don’t know how the ACC will handle this but I just can’t see how these young men can be expected to go on.

Making UVA finish their games this season does not seem right. I don’t know how the ACC will handle this but I just can’t see how these young men can be expected to go on.
the game this coming weekend is an OOC against Coastal, maybe they cancel that one at least. a bit easier from a conference standpoint, putting aside the obvious more important emotional aspect of things

I was completely oblivious to this tragedy and 100% apologize for this extremely insensitive post I don't mean to say it in the way it will likely be interpreted but their game against Coastal Carolina was actually still on the board at the 90 mins ago when I at the to cash my NFL betting tickets I put a wager on it unbeknownst to this can't believe it wasn't suspended obviously it won't be played but this happened yesterday.

Another victim is reported to be Lavell Davis, the starting WR. He's been out with injuries the past 2 weeks.

Not a good day today.
This is such a horrible tragedy. It's so rare for a news story to feel like a real punch to the gut, but this is just so awful. I'm so sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.