Shot Selection | Syracusefan.com

Shot Selection

anomander

Living Legend
As bad as we were offensively last year I don't think we had 5 straight games 40% or less from the field. That is just plain brutal. In those same 5 games we have only been above 30% from 3 once. Pretty obvious we go as Trevor Cooney goes. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing?

As far as the rest of our offense goes it seems we ran iso's for CJ the whole game. We all know that really isn't CJ's strength. Between him and Roberson there were at least 5 shots that were give away possessions. There worst shot in the world is when you catch the ball have an open look only not to take it, then give a head fake to nobody, and then go up with the shot. Not surprisingly none went it. That's basketball 101 that those shots should either be shot immediately or not taken at all. We aren't good enough to give away possessions like that.

If there is a positive way to look at this it is I don't believe we are as bad of a shooting team as we have displayed the past 5 games. We are in a slump, and will eventually shoot ourselves out of it. I'd prefer to see some other looks on offense, but i'm not going to hold my breathe. I actually think we were better using pick and roll with Ennis...Not the pick and roll using Baye though. I think CJ and Ennis could be deadly in such situation.

I'd prefer to see some other looks on offense, but i'm not going to hold my breathe. I actually think we were better using pick and roll with Ennis...Not the pick and roll using Baye though. I think CJ and Ennis could be deadly in such situation.

I've never understand why they run so much pick and roll with Baye. The defense can hard hedge without any regard for the roll man because they know that he won't get the ball. How about a guy who can actually catch the ball, and potentially do something with it?

... I think CJ and Ennis could be deadly in such situation.

Oddly enough, we executed one with this pair in the first half. The result was a made layup.

Now let's get Ennis looking in the right direction and try this ten times a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom