Should Cuse help UConn in 2020 and help ourselves? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Should Cuse help UConn in 2020 and help ourselves?

We are in a Southern-centric P5 conference. Our closest conference opponents are Boston and Pittsburgh. Playing Yukon with a 2 for 1 or 1 home/1 neutral at YS gives the fan base another close road trip

Plus Cuse gets to pound the schlit out of them
No. 2 for 1 or nothing (which I'm okay with). I want 7 home games and don't want any neutral sites unless ESPN wants to give us an extra gazillion dollars.

What I'm saying is if Yukon doesn't want to do a 2 for 1, offer them 1 at the Dome and 1 at YS.

YS isn't the greatest for FB but it should draw 30K in mid November (20K Cuse fans/5K Yukon/5K Casual)

UEO: Yukon isn't a P5 game. They are a dreckish mid-major game. They offer an easy road trip for the BOS to Tri-State Alumni and Upstate NY Alumni. Plus all the T-Shirt fans in the NE.

Only if the one at Yankee Stadium is considered a UConn home game and we still play seven games in the Dome that year.

At this point, we have to be clearing an extra $1 million for each home game we host in a given season. Even against unattractive opponents.

We need to play at least 7 home games every season. That has to be the bare minimum.

If our policy is to play one FCS team at home each year (which appears to be the case), one P5 team (home or away) and 2 G5 type teams, and we do 2 for 1s with the G5 teams routinely, we can make it happen.

If UConn would prefer a 2 for 1 with us to 3 body bag games, great. Everyone wins. If they don't want to do it, that is great too. We will find someone else who will be glad to take that deal.

But no games in NYC. Period. We are building a great home field advantage. Let's treasure the games we can host in Syracuse and minimize that advantage. We don't need or want games at neutral sites to make a little more money. Now if the other team wants to play their game at a neutral site, that is fine...

What I'm saying is if Yukon doesn't want to do a 2 for 1, offer them 1 at the Dome and 1 at YS.

YS isn't the greatest for FB but it should draw 30K in mid November (20K Cuse fans/5K Yukon/5K Casual)

UEO: Yukon isn't a P5 game. They are a dreckish mid-major game. They offer an easy road trip for the BOS to Tri-State Alumni and Upstate NY Alumni. Plus all the T-Shirt fans in the NE.
Upstate NY alumni need to go to the damn Dome.

Tri-State alumni should too, or go to the damn Bowl game.

There is absolutely no reason to play storz unless it’s a 1-0 FCS game and they are back in the damn Yankee conference where they belong.

At this point, we have to be clearing an extra $1 million for each home game we host in a given season. Even against unattractive opponents.

We need to play at least 7 home games every season. That has to be the bare minimum.

If our policy is to play one FCS team at home each year (which appears to be the case), one P5 team (home or away) and 2 G5 type teams, and we do 2 for 1s with the G5 teams routinely, we can make it happen.

If UConn would prefer a 2 for 1 with us to 3 body bag games, great. Everyone wins. If they don't want to do it, that is great too. We will find someone else who will be glad to take that deal.

But no games in NYC. Period. We are building a great home field advantage. Let's treasure the games we can host in Syracuse and minimize that advantage. We don't need or want games at neutral sites to make a little more money. Now if the other team wants to play their game at a neutral site, that is fine...
No home games in NYC should be the policy.
If we want to play neutral site games in NYC or MetLife or others teams home games there it’s fine.

Syracuse would play UMass at Gillette.
UMass has played its home games against Boston College and Mississippi State at Gillette.
Syracuse wouldn’t play UMass in Amherst it would be Gillette. As UMass would want the additional revenue and home attendance for them to maintain D-1 status.

We don’t need to step foot in CT again unless the contract is a 2 for 1.
UMass has Missouri scheduled for a home and home in 2024 and 2025 and the AD is trying to move away from those Gillette games for a number of reasons so I don’t think that’s really on the table. And it might seem hard to believe from the outside but UMass football is in a better state then UConn right now so I’d rather just schedule the Fighting Edsall’a and piss pound them

That's the type of program the school wants a 2-1 for, which is fine.

We will play UConn in Yankee Stadium when we play Stony Brook in Yankee Stadium.

a bit off the subject, but still regarding UConn: they have to pay a $17 mil exit fee to get out of the AAC? I love it!

If UConn gives us a 2 for 1 they are dead as a football program. They would have to give every P5 team a 2 for 1 to play them. With no conference games to fill up the bulk of their home games they would be hurting.
Stinks to be them...

...but back to us ... we should take free money if they give it to us. Something like a 1-01 or a 2-0-1 is free money, especially if the neutral game is in Yankee Stadium.

No. 2 for 1 or nothing (which I'm okay with). I want 7 home games and don't want any neutral sites unless ESPN wants to give us an extra gazillion dollars.
The advantage of the neutral site games is the ESPN money. They fall outside the conference TV contract. I’m not sure if you meant that by “ESPN giving an extra gazillion dollars.” Ignore that part of the post of you did.

But in incremental to ESPN cash, they’re good for alumni engagement. It’s good to throw NYC alumni bones every once in a while, and a 1-0-1 would do that w/o giving up home games. Other than UConn and maybe Army, I’m not sure who is a bearable opponent worth a neutral site game in NYC.

Stinks to be them...

...but back to us ... we should take free money if they give it to us. Something like a 1-01 or a 2-0-1 is free money, especially if the neutral game is in Yankee Stadium.

I agree but its not happening.

On second thought, they are UConn and have shockingly incompetent leadership. So anything is possible I guess.

I agree but its not happening.

On second thought, they are UConn and have shockingly incompetent leadership. So anything is possible I guess.
I’d be willing to bet we could get uneven scheduling out of them. UMASS and Liberty aside, who on the planet is itching to schedule UConn on equal footing?

Last edited:
UConn needs games, period. We need 2 for 1s. I am good with this if we get a 2 for 1 out of it. That is a solution that helps both schools, and gets UConn playing fellow independent Liberty.
I would make it 3 for 1, in terms of who owns the rights. The 3rd Syracuse Home Game I would play at Yankee Stadium to push SU as NY's team.

I would make it 3 for 1, in terms of who owns the rights. The 3rd Syracuse Home Game I would play at Yankee Stadium to push SU as NY's team.

Please ... the Yankees aren’t going to paint their field for UConn football.

Looks like BC was happy with 2 easy wins and a close road game.

Our fans would probably be in meltdown if we announced this and it wasn’t 2 for 1 lol.

Our fans would probably be in meltdown if we announced this and it wasn’t 2 for 1 lol.
As well they should be. Let the Clowns try to mend fences with their NE buddies. We should in no way try to help UConn do anything. And scheduling them in anything would be helping them.

Looks like BC was happy with 2 easy wins and a close road game.

I’m in favor of a 0-0.

A big NO to UConn. I’m not sure I am even in favor of a 2 for 1 deal. Let them rot. Let them drop down to FCS. Let them drop football. I don’t want to see them on any SU schedule in the future.

You guys are crazy they might be the worst FBS program period and easiest W and the crowd for the road game would be 50% Orange with it being a very close drive and your still ready to chuck yourselves off a cliff if it happens. UConn fans would rather lose to literally anyone else other than us. Benefits us more than them. Your showing them too much respect if you think we need 2 for 1 from a competitive point of view.

1/4 OOC games should be the easiest FBS possible which is them. They are bottom 5 in every preview mag ranking this year.

You guys are crazy they might be the worst FBS program period and easiest W and the crowd for the road game would be 50% Orange with it being a very close drive and your still ready to chuck yourselves off a cliff if it happens. UConn fans would rather lose to literally anyone else other than us. Benefits us more than them. Your showing them too much respect if you think we need 2 for 1 from a competitive point of view.

1/4 OOC games should be the easiest FBS possible which is them. They are bottom 5 in every preview mag ranking this year.
You couldn't be more wrong.

If you need a NE game so badly, we can schedule UMass.

You couldn't be more wrong.

If you need a NE game so badly, we can schedule UMass.

Some people are into program building.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom