Should I take Spirit to the game? | Syracusefan.com

Should I take Spirit to the game?

LeMoyneCuse

All American
I found a pretty good price for a flight out of Newark to Orlando on Spirit. I've never flown Ultra Low-Cost before. I'm a low frills kind of guy anyway, but I've heard Spirit is awful.

Is it worth it to make the game?

I found a pretty good price for a flight out of Newark to Orlando on Spirit. I've never flown Ultra Low-Cost before. I'm a low frills kind of guy anyway, but I've heard Spirit is awful.

Here's a pretty decent review.

If available, the Big Front Seat seems like a good option for traveling.

Spirit Airlines Review

Wear all the clothes you're bringing in layers and just peel them off when you get to the hotel.

I think you even have to pay a fee to bring your wallet on the flight.

I have flown spirit and had no problems. I also just used the personal item and traveled incredibly light.

He didn't mention getting a room with you Chip.

Fine. Peel them off in the airplane bathroom.

tenor.gif

I’ve heard nothing but bad things about Spirit. Constant delays, flights canceled without notice, excessive fees. It’s a big risk, get what you pay for situation.

Contemplating a Spirit round trip on game day. Almost cheaper to fly than to drive.

I took the Wife and one of my sons to Florida MCO last November on Spirit airlines! Flew out of Niagara falls for 280 round trip! Paid in advance for luggage ($50) cheaper! The Flight Great! The seats have no entertainment but we also knew that on advance so we downloaded a few movies for the kid. There was food and drinks to buy for airline prices. Not outrageous at all! We got there in normal time and got home on the same fashion! Spirit has to follow the same rules and regulations and BIG Airlines. I WILL ABSOLUTELY Fly spirit again without a second guess! Save some money and buy a ticket.

I'd rather pay a little more and not fly Spirit, but that's just me. Flew them once from Fort Lauderdale to Vegas and after they nailed you with the luggage fee and the seat fee and whatever other fees they had it wasn't much less than JetBlue or some of the way way way more comfortable planes.

I have flown spirit and had no problems. I also just used the personal item and traveled incredibly light.
i've flown with them a few times. No complaints. Planes all 3 times were new. Like NineOneSeven said. pack light

Depends on how big you are too. Pitch and leg room is smaller than other carriers.

I flew on them once and personally wouldn’t do it again.

You end up doing it

I fly Spirit all the time. It's OK if you know what the deal is.

Newest fleet of planes in the US. - All Airbuses (319, 320, 321), My on time experience has been fine.
Seats pitch is terrible, and the seats don't recline. OK for a 2-3 hour flight( to me).
Buy everything ahead of time or pay a lot more (seats, bags)
The checked bag weight limit is only 40 lbs. Most other airlines are 50. You pay dearly if its over 40.
Buying a seat makes it much less likely you'll be bumped.
No amenities to speak of.
They only allow small carry ons for free.
Read the rules on the website so you aren't surprised.

Orange Sky is on it. Spirit is great if you know the drill. Newest fleet of planes. Nothing like Frontier or god forbid Allegiant.

If the fare is cheap enough then check and buy the bag when you book. It costs more at the airport to do this. Nothing free on board. Snacks and water cost extra just like booze. I’ve flown them close to 10 times and it has been smooth sailing.

One more thing. Make sure you check in online beforehand. If you need to be in line for the counter/person for some reason to get your boarding pass you will be charged a small fee.

I have taken an extra carryon a couple of times without incident. If you have a topcoat on for instance I have hidden a large laptop/satchel under my coat while visibly carrying on my other small carryon at the gate.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom