Should Tyus play? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Should Tyus play?

If he sits, he’s missing a huge opportunity for exposure with Zion back.

Obviously if he’s not 100%, that could work the opposite way.

Dude is a warrior. I have zero issue with whatever he and the staff decide. Obviously a tourney run is infinitely more important.

The kid has played more minutes than any player in America over the last 2 years.
Last night was the first game he has EVER missed in his career.
A bruised tailbone will heal; it's not a knee.
Nobody will think he's soft if he sits it out, so that we can do damage next week.
It's Duke. It's a big time. This is what he came back for. He might not get a game of this stature the rest of the season. I fully expect him to be playing and would be disappointed in him if he doesn't.

I can't believe how many people think TB won't be playing. Does his reputation not mean anything? The guy has been a warrior. So now a bruised tailbone and people think he is going to opt out of playing Duke on a national stage? Unbelievable.

It's Duke. It's a big time. This is what he came back for. He might not get a game of this stature the rest of the season. I fully expect him to be playing and would be disappointed in him if he doesn't.

I can't believe how many people think TB won't be playing. Does his reputation not mean anything? The guy has been a warrior. So now a bruised tailbone and people think he is going to opt out of playing Duke on a national stage? Unbelievable.
He was announced out. So this is a strange post. Very strange.

He was announced out. So this is a strange post. Very strange.
What? Where? I'll believe it when I see it.

The Adam thing from the prior page was old- for the Pitt game. And JB's comments of 2-3 days seemed like coaches speak to me, setting up a dramatic "what a warrior" type response.

yes he has been a warrior and that's why I'm not going to question his toughness or be disappointed in him if he doesn't play. He has nothing to prove to me in that regard. If he's hurt, he's hurt.

What? Where? I'll believe it when I see it.

The Adam thing from the prior page was old- for the Pitt game. And JB's comments of 2-3 days seemed like coaches speak to me, setting up a dramatic "what a warrior" type response.

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria
Syracuse’s Tyus Battle (hip) won’t play tonight vs. @DukeMBB but is expected back for the NCAAs, per source.
9:35 AM - Mar 14, 2019

Syracuse’s Tyus Battle (hip) won’t play tonight vs. @DukeMBB but is expected back for the NCAAs, per source.

Seems like the best choice to me.
The tournament is what will make the memories for this team.

Bummer. I don't totally believe it yet though, it's not official. Could be just a setup to make a big deal of his playing in the game.

A bruised tailbone, sitting out the Duke game? Doesn't seem right.

Bummer. I don't totally believe it yet though, it's not official. Could be just a setup to make a big deal of his playing in the game.

a badly bruised tailbone is not just really painful but it affects the entire back and in turn crushes your mobility. it isn't a hangnail.

Do you know how much that can hurt and impair mobility? It's pretty much the crossroads of your body and the muscles that attach there are activated everytime time you move.

Personally, I'd rather have him sit and get rest / therapy in whatever form required for the next five days.

Next week is way more important than this week. Not mailing in our chances tonight, just talking big picture.

it's probably a scam by BIG PHARMA or maybe by NIKE (to distract from their shoddy sneaker construction). we should not rest until we've uncovered and exposed the conspiracy.

Could be just a setup to make a big deal of his playing in the game.
When was the last time JB orchestrated something like this? The answer is, "Never."

I doubt many coaches would operate this way either.

When was the last time JB orchestrated something like this? The answer is, "Never."

I doubt many coaches would operate this way either.
I never said JB orchestrated anything. And I seriously doubt the internet joker who is claiming TB is out has JB as a source.

If the Pitt game decision was made a couple of hours before the game, how accurate do you think some anonymous person is at 9:30ish this morning?

Plus after that cryptic announcement, 690 mentioned that several handicappers updated TBs status to "probable", seems like conflicting information is out there.

I never said JB orchestrated anything. And I seriously doubt the internet joker who is claiming TB is out has JB as a source.

If the Pitt game decision was made a couple of hours before the game, how accurate do you think some anonymous person is at 9:30ish this morning?

Plus after that cryptic announcement, 690 mentioned that several handicappers updated TBs status to "probable", seems like conflicting information is out there.
Well, when JB himself says Tyus is 2-3 days away...

Well, when JB himself says Tyus is 2-3 days away...
Sure out of context, prior to that he said he thought there was a realistic chance he would play yesterday, and after the 2-3 day comment he paused and said "I think". JB qualified that enough to be meaningless but give TB an out.

And let's not forget JB says things. Remember Arinze being day to day.

Zagoria already said he wasn’t playing. This happened yesterday too though and as game time got closer he was switched to a game time decision. I agree with others that he shouldn’t play at less than 90-100%, but part of me believes Tyus will play because of who it is. He’s a gamer.

Boeheim texted McDonough that there is “no chance” Tyus plays tonight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom