Shouldn’t Adam Weistman | Syracusefan.com

Shouldn’t Adam Weistman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm just not used to having a booster in the public eye and maybe this is normal at other programs.

But I do not like Adam Weistman's association with Syracuse athletics.

Nah

Even some schools that aren't P5 have prominent boosters that are public
There’s certainly a lot that do. Anyway this is all we hear.

2017: This is going to end badly
2018: This is going to end badly
2019: This is going to end badly
2020: This is going to end badly
2021: This is going to end badly
2022: This is going to end badly

There’s certainly a lot that do. Anyway this is all we hear.

2017: This is going to end badly
2018: This is going to end badly
2019: This is going to end badly
2020: This is going to end badly
2021: This is going to end badly
2022: This is going to end badly
I don't get it. He literally said everything you would want him to say in that NIL article if you have concerns.. He doesn't want SU to get in trouble and wants to work with compliance to make sure things are done correctly if he gets involved.

"There are a lot of compliance issues. I want to make sure of the rules. The compliance department at Syracuse is very strict, and I need to abide by the NCAA rules at all times. The most important thing is that I’m always in compliance. Before I do anything, at any time, I check with compliance. When I see a player eating at one of my restaurants I call compliance. Some of the rules are archaic. But the last thing I want is to get SU into trouble.”

They haven't let little things like compliance issues get in their way at the big schools for a long time. I'm sure Bruce Pearl is scrupulously working inside the rules to get his no. 1 ranked team.

Last edited:
Adam, just let the money fly dude. Nobody cares about courtside celebrities if the teams are not performing.

And yes, it's his money and he can do what he wants, but if he IS trying to help the athletic programs he may need some coaching/counseling on how to best participate.

Adam, just let the money fly dude. Nobody cares about courtside celebrities if the teams are not performing.

And yes, it's his money and he can do what he wants, but if he IS trying to help the athletic programs he may need some coaching/counseling on how to best participate.
Seriously. Giannis and his brother coming to the game Saturday? Who gives a s***. What, so we can look like hot garbage on the court and yall can sit there and text on the sidelines and not pay attention to the game? Sweet.

I don't really feel like getting blasted with responses telling me I'm wrong. And I have no additional knowledge abotu the guy. So I'll just leave it at he's not the kind of person I have any interest in.
Convicted felon, I would say you have the right to be a tad stand offish

Yeah because all convicted felons need to be looked at like that?
Nope , but ones that are extremely rich that are getting involved with recruiting we should be careful about, for all I know he is the second coming of Mother Teresa now !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom