Class of 2014 - Shout out to Coaching Staff! | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Shout out to Coaching Staff!

chakka3421

All Conference
I cannot remember the last time we had so many high quality recruits giving their verbal by July 1 - hopefully it's not my imagination either. And it's a new coaching staff to boot...very encouraged so far! Hope we continue to recruit well and finish strong! Great job to the new coaching staff!

I agree, normally our first 4 or 5 commits are kids we didnt hear of until then. Or they were camp commits which is fine. But its nice to have our first 5 or 6 commits considered as high level 3 stars. It was nice getting a local commit very early Howard). That says alot. Rodney Williams is under rated and will do well at SU. This staff closes recruiting classes very well. So we hav that to look forward to.

I agree, normally our first 4 or 5 commits are kids we didnt hear of until then. Or they were camp commits which is fine. But its nice to have our first 5 or 6 commits considered as high level 3 stars. It was nice getting a local commit very early Howard). That says alot. Rodney Williams is under rated and will do well at SU. This staff closes recruiting classes very well. So we hav that to look forward to.
And, I must add that this same staff brought in an additional 6 kids for the 2013 Class this spring as well that had to bite into some of their time for the 2014 Class. I love 3 things in this coaching staff:
#1 Work Ethic, they are like Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
#2 Transperancy, no bull, just the facts, yet brace technology openly!
#3 Vision, they just seem to know just what they need to do. Its like this team has been together for 10 years! Also, had the guts to hire a 23 year old "kid" really as director of recruiting operations. How bold is that. I just love the direction this team is going, and they haven't even played a game yet!

We need a cartoon with "otto" wearing a helmet and carying a sledge hammer!

Zaire Franklin:

ZiggySmalls_Zaire23m
Birthday Letter from my Syracuse Family pic.twitter.com/LRUf7ABdY9

BOLxzZ_CEAEOp-J.jpg:large

Money what has been the perception of the new staff in the coaching community?

Agreed - a major shoutout to Eric White as well. He is bringing SU Football up to speed on the technology front. Kudos to Cool Kid McDonald for bringing him with him from Arkansas.

Cool kid McDonald really isn't going to stick is it?

Zaire Franklin:

ZiggySmalls_Zaire23m
Birthday Letter from my Syracuse Family pic.twitter.com/LRUf7ABdY9

BOLxzZ_CEAEOp-J.jpg:large
That's awesome. Gotta love that the staff isn't just creating these relationships, getting a commit from a kid and then letting the communication lapse somewhat. These seem to if anything increase the communication with the entire staff (rather than the designated recruiter) after a kid verbals to SU.

The stuff they mock up for visits is great, and simple stuff like that doesn't need to be done, but clearly shows the kids our staff cares about them and is invested in them. Very cool to see our staff work does these things.

That's awesome. Gotta love that the staff isn't just creating these relationships, getting a commit from a kid and then letting the communication lapse somewhat. These seem to if anything increase the communication with the entire staff (rather than the designated recruiter) after a kid verbals to SU.

The stuff they mock up for visits is great, and simple stuff like that doesn't need to be done, but clearly shows the kids our staff cares about them and is invested in them. Very cool to see our staff work does these things.

It's efficient, shows them we care, without sending 151 letters all in 1 day

Money what has been the perception of the new staff in the coaching community?
Actually the kids in the Rochester like Cuse and they wan to be apart of this Acc movement but they all dont feel the love from them. I was told by a local sport writer that the prospects in Rochester all had negative things to say. Specifically I told the staff sent emails out directly to the players who had interest in SU that said they will no longer be recruiting them. take that fwiw

It's efficient, shows them we care, without sending 151 letters all in 1 day

Plus it's clearly a non-generic thing that should (or would to me anyways) mean a lot more than a simple candid letter from Coach Schaffer

Agree, the men is "the" man, and I like "Cool Hand Luke" as a better fit for a pet name!

My favorite movie, ever. But I hope we wind up better off than Luke.

My favorite movie, ever. But I hope we wind up better off than Luke.
The man didn't let anyone ever beat him, or at least not let them see it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom