Shrader with real weird late game energy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shrader with real weird late game energy

I probably don't think of making a switch until after NC State but in no way do I let a 40% Schrader keep playing like we did last year when the other options were just as bad because Devito quit. You can't really rest him against Wagner he doesn't want to get Flutie'd if CDRW embarrasses a team that lost 50-7 to Fordham.
FWIW… Shrader was 66% completion yesterday. 22 of 33

FWIW… Shrader was 66% completion yesterday. 22 of 33

I was talking about his health.

He was somewhere around there last few games of last season.

No clue where he is at now same with Tucker. I don't think Garrett has injured his throwing shoulder though.

This fan base is amazing

The guy gets us to 4-0 and y’all wanna bench him

My god give me a break, the kid isn’t a professional athlete

Give me the fans that care but (oddly) want the backup QB vs the fans that aren’t going to games because our offense isn’t exciting enough or because we are playing close games against UVA or Purdue.

THOSE fans are the suckiest sucks who ever sucked.

F5912DD2-45A7-4F1B-8DC5-376550B6E280.gif

Give me the fans that care but (oddly) want the backup QB vs the fans that aren’t going to games because our offense isn’t exciting enough or because we are playing close games against UVA or Purdue.

View attachment 220369
Is it only a choice between those two?

Hard to figure Shrader out. I both don't trust him late due to the multiple times he's eaten the ball when that puts us in a bad position, and feel weirdly calm and confident that he'll make the play we need to win because we've seen that multiple times now too.

I guess it works?

He has poor vision. And he probably plays hurt quite a bit.

But he’s a gamer and a bruising runner. And we’re 4-0.

What I’m saying is that I agree with you.

Hard to figure Shrader out. I both don't trust him late due to the multiple times he's eaten the ball when that puts us in a bad position, and feel weirdly calm and confident that he'll make the play we need to win because we've seen that multiple times now too.

I guess it works?
Shrader is the new Nunes and considering we’re looking at 5-0, I think it definitely works. Who had us 5-0? Bowl is the goal and we’re looking good.

View attachment 220369
Yes!

C’mon gentlemen. 4 - 0 led by Shrader with tutoring by Beck. Let the guy run the team. He is a leader and getting more and more confident with each game.

His completion percentage, as it would for any QB, goes up the weaker the teams we play so UConn and Wagner are going to build his resume. The DB’s on those teams can’t cover the way Lou, Pur, and Va can.

I admit, I don’t understand why he holds the ball so long but it’s due to better coverage on our receivers and we really have developed only one really one good one that Shrader goes back to again and again in Gadsden.

His stats so far into this season are good, he’s improved. He’s on target to blow last years passing stats away. In 2021 his full year was 123/234,1445YDS, 9 TDS. Through 4 this year, he already has 73 / 110, 986 YDS, 8 TDS so he’s more accurate getting the ball to receivers.

I think it would be great to see CDRW but I bet we don’t see him until we’ve built a sizeable lead. Wagner is 0-3 and has been outscored 141 – 45 so we’ll see him late.

Don’t act like Dungey didn’t take maddening sacks. He gets flagged for grounding if he throws some of them away.

Garrett is doing fine considering the drop off in production at running back. Jones loss is huge there isn’t a P5 caliber target after Gadsden on the roster he was it. Peña was having a good came. He stupidly returned a punt you always fair catch. OK mistake fine. Then next kick return he not only makes a worse decision to take it out but jumps and fumbles. Like Alford he probably won’t put it together ever for us. He almost lost us the game our D was good and made them earn everything.
Dungey was great.

Our starting QB is 4/0, hadn't thrown an int until last night and has been considered by PFF, ACC talking heads and this board as being a really good QB and I don't recall hearing people clamoring for a QB change when Bama almost lost earlier in the year. People just like to bitch. The 2nd coming of Joe Montana isn't coming to Syracuse. Yeah let's fix the time management...yeah continue having Beck break down tape with Garrett. Yeah he does have some things he can get better about but he is the guy.
And he isn't either of the players who gave the Virginia short fields in the second half which led to touchdowns.
By the way our best player has fumbled twice in 2 games. One cost us a big play, in the Purdue game, the other led to a 2nd half Virginia TD.
But no one is calling for him to be benched.

And he isn't either of the players who gave the Virginia short fields in the second half which led to touchdowns.
By the way our best player has fumbled twice in 2 games. One cost us a big play, in the Purdue game, the other led to a 2nd half Virginia TD.
But no one is calling for him to be benched.
Not to be that guy, and I'm not saying bench Tucker, but... we could give him a break a lot more often than we do.

Yes!

C’mon gentlemen. 4 - 0 led by Shrader with tutoring by Beck. Let the guy run the team. He is a leader and getting more and more confident with each game.

His completion percentage, as it would for any QB, goes up the weaker the teams we play so UConn and Wagner are going to build his resume. The DB’s on those teams can’t cover the way Lou, Pur, and Va can.

I admit, I don’t understand why he holds the ball so long but it’s due to better coverage on our receivers and we really have developed only one really one good one that Shrader goes back to again and again in Gadsden.

His stats so far into this season are good, he’s improved. He’s on target to blow last years passing stats away. In 2021 his full year was 123/234,1445YDS, 9 TDS. Through 4 this year, he already has 73 / 110, 986 YDS, 8 TDS so he’s more accurate getting the ball to receivers.

I think it would be great to see CDRW but I bet we don’t see him until we’ve built a sizeable lead. Wagner is 0-3 and has been outscored 141 – 45 so we’ll see him late.
late 2nd quarter

Not to be that guy, and I'm not saying bench Tucker, but... we could give him a break a lot more often than we do.
That I think would be a great idea, but not with Allen. Would like to see the transfer to get some run. The young freshman might be great later, but doesn't have the size to be an every down back yet.

Some Syracuse fans just habitually think our #2 QB is always the answer. I hate to break it to some of you but every single college QB has a flaw or flaws that they deal with. Garrett has bettered his game from last year and that's what is important along with wins which he has. Some of you keep thinking we should have the perfect QB... fyi there isn't one.
Shrader was a number 2 until he wasn't

Everybody loves the backup until he plays, that being g said, DelRio is very intrigueing.
Shrader was holding the ball too long but I think it’s because he was told to stop scrambling since he was giving up on the plays too often in the Purdue game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom