Shy’s grade | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Shy’s grade

Well I can tell you he is much happier playing... he was really excited he got so much time in the first half

Him and Tyrell have wow’d me this season. Is Shy a very vocal kid? His work ethic and on/off field effort reminds me a bit of Cam Lynch. Hope he becomes a vocal leader and inspires the younger kids to embrace this new winning culture.

Him and Tyrell have wow’d me this season. Is Shy a very vocal kid? His work ethic and on/off field effort reminds me a bit of Cam Lynch. Hope he becomes a vocal leader and inspires the younger kids to embrace this new winning culture.
He is vocal at times. Most of the time he keeps to himself. He does work a lot with the younger guys . He is close with jarveon and trill but he try’s to work with dada and some of the younger backers a lot.

He is vocal at times. Most of the time he keeps to himself. He does work a lot with the younger guys . He is close with jarveon and trill but he try’s to work with dada and some of the younger backers a lot.
That’s nice to hear. Listening more and more to Julian Whigham this year, it seems that the guys who lead in the weight room, locker room and field are a huge contributing factor to the culture of the team. If guys like Shy, Slayton, Dungey, Whit, Etc. Can inspire the younger guys to stay hungry in every asset of the game, we can keep an inside track to building a successful winning culture.

Love program players who stick it out and blossom their last 2 years. Reminds me a bit of LB Bernard King from the mid-80s. This is growth and maturation in action. Babers (and Edinger?) provide fertile ground for this.

Bam as you know I have posted about Shy and am thrilled that he's getting his opportunities to shyne. His first few grades are NBD as he gets more comfortable. This young man has established himself as a terror/gunner on ST. It's just a matter of reps before he's comfortable with his LB gaps and can use his speed and strength. I say this because there are other players who may understand gap assignments but do not have the physical gifts to get it done.

Richards is another assassin out there - although the staff appears to be grooming him for 3 technique. Anyway, I'll look at the NC State tape to check out Shy's plays that you mentioned.

Last edited:
Dyshawn Davis blew up a RB immediately after handoff... one of the best, cleanest hits I’ve ever seen live.

Ri’Shard Anderson took the fumble recovery to the house.
If I recall correctly Davis was a four star WR recruit, kinda neat he ended up at backer.

This one?
RUTGERSCRUSHED.gif
Sad thing is - the way today's games are officiated - DD would probably be flagged for targeting and they'd waive off the TD.

I'd like to see Shy become known in SU lore as another fearsome tackler in the mold of Donovan Darius and Dyshawn Davis. The kind where RBs and QBs and anyone coming over the middle are always looking for #24, and hearing hard charging footsteps makes them go into a fetal-position! I want to see Shy on an ESPN Top-10 countdown creating the T.O. that wins us a game! Hey, why the hell not, right?

Unfortunately, in today's game those type of players are extinct. Those intimidators in the mold of Donovan Darius and Bryan Dawkins, who put fear in WR's going over the middle are being picked out of the game. Today's football is already not recognizable from the 80's and 90's, but will continue to get further and further away from those big time hitters.

Unfortunately, in today's game those type of players are extinct. Those intimidators in the mold of Donovan Darius and Bryan Dawkins, who put fear in WR's going over the middle are being picked out of the game. Today's football is already not recognizable from the 80's and 90's, but will continue to get further and further away from those big time hitters.

Can I still like your post even if it makes me a little nostalgic/sad?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom