Shy Cullen to the Supplemental Draft | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Shy Cullen to the Supplemental Draft

Bambrewer, if you are still around, please feel free to walk us through the process with some "play-by-play", at least as much as you and Shy are willing to speak. A lot of Orange fans are pulling for Shy.
Been a crazy couple weeks. It’s kinda blind the way we are doing things. They don’t give you a lot of info from the league... but they did let all the teams know he was in the draft and passed along his info as well as his proday coming this Monday. We were working with an agent that was kinda new and didn’t really know the ways around the supplemental. Last week when all the nfl teams started calling I reached out to a local agent with a lot of patriots players he has handled. He also has iffys brother and Jamal custis as clients. He has a much better grasp on things and has a great energy. Shy has got calls from 18 teams so far I’ve been pleasantly surprised with their interest. I was hoping for a couple teams to be interested but this is great. Been a few teams talking about having him out next week for individual workouts but they are waiting for the proday before those plans are made. Shy is working out crazy and is as ready as we can get him. I think he should put up some good numbers. I’ll let you all know how it goes.

Been a crazy couple weeks. It’s kinda blind the way we are doing things. They don’t give you a lot of info from the league... but they did let all the teams know he was in the draft and passed along his info as well as his proday coming this Monday. We were working with an agent that was kinda new and didn’t really know the ways around the supplemental. Last week when all the nfl teams started calling I reached out to a local agent with a lot of patriots players he has handled. He also has iffys brother and Jamal custis as clients. He has a much better grasp on things and has a great energy. Shy has got calls from 18 teams so far I’ve been pleasantly surprised with their interest. I was hoping for a couple teams to be interested but this is great. Been a few teams talking about having him out next week for individual workouts but they are waiting for the proday before those plans are made. Shy is working out crazy and is as ready as we can get him. I think he should put up some good numbers. I’ll let you all know how it goes.
Everyone is rooting for him Bam. If nothing else Shy looks the part. I imagine he will test the part as well. Here’s hoping he can break in as a ST demon and carve out a niche in the league

Thats great Bam! Always love hearing your insights. Thanks for your contributions to the board. Go Shy!

Shy looks the part for sure ! Good luck today !
If he is not drafted I assume he can be signed as a free agent ?
Yes if he goes unselected in the draft today he becomes a free agent. While getting drafted would have its excitement we are realistic. Going as a 6th or 7th round selection is monetarily very close to free agency and being a free agent at that point has advantages like being able to choose your best option. Shy and I have discussed the teams who seem to show the most interest and looking over rosters and coaches available. We just have to wait and see how today goes and sit with his agent to see what happens next... exciting nerve racking all at once