Shy Ineligible | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shy Ineligible

Ohana. Shy is going to get his grades in order. He is getting his scholarship back. He is going to win a starting position at linebacker. And he is going to be a captain and lead the team to a great season.

Believe it. It is going to happen.
He's overcome many challenges in his life, and I agree ... he'll knock this one down too and return to start for SU this fall. Let's go, Shy, get this done. We believe in you.

Prayers that this is just another small hurdle to overcome...stay the course, we want you back in Orange this Fall...

Best of luck to Shy, we all hope he gets his grades up and can return for his senior season.
Unfortunately even if Shy gets his grades in order it doesn't meant they save his scholarship.

I give the credit for taking a major that is real and not just something to stay eligible.
College course load is hard as hell never mind having to play football or basketball while going to class.
Hope this kid does whatever he wants to be happy and gets that degree.

If he goes anywhere regional to continue his career i’ll grab tickets if possible. He was truly one of my favorites for his grit and determination.

I apologize for not knowing, but is shy not invited back for his grad/senior year?

Diamond Ferri had to leave for a year.

He made it back and became a legend.

EDIT: He attended Bunker Hill Community College during the 2002 Fall semester and was reinstated at SU in Jan 2003.

Last edited:
Disappointing news for sure. Wishing Shy and his family the best. Also want to say that Bambrewer is the perfect example of what a parent/family member should be. Insightful, honest and absolutely no tinge of favoritism in the opinions and info shared. The stuff that needed to stay private obviously stayed private but a great window into the team.

Certainly hoping we see Shy back in Orange. Either way, he and his family played a significant role in the Orange resurgence.

SUOrange44

Disappointing news for sure. Wishing Shy and his family the best. Also want to say that Bambrewer is the perfect example of what a parent/family member should be. Insightful, honest and absolutely no tinge of favoritism in the opinions and info shared. The stuff that needed to stay private obviously stayed private but a great window into the team.

Certainly hoping we see Shy back in Orange. Either way, he and his family played a significant role in the Orange resurgence.

SUOrange44
The story of the day Shy committed to Syracuse was great. And he shared the struggle the whole way, until Shy finally got to Syracuse. I really want to see Shy out there on Senior Day.

Bam...not that Shy needs any motivation or push, but get this s done. I look at my dudes in the living room watching Shy and I think “just do it”. Through the struggles and the pain just get this dang degree. 40 years from now it will be “that was easy”.
Best of luck my brothers

SUOrange44
It has been great following Shy’s progress through his difficult journey. Bambrewer has provided a peek into what life is reallly like for an under privileged kid with big dreams and a bigger heart. I have enjoyed rooting for him and seeing hi hard work pay off. I pray it happens one more time for this guy. Nothing has come easy for him; I guess it is only appropriate for him to have to overcome another big obstacle to achieve his goals.

Many Syracuse fans will be hoping and praying for him to make it back to SU and the football team. Good luck Shy!

It has been great following Shy’s progress through his difficult journey. Bambrewer has provided a peek into what life is reallly like for an under privileged kid with big dreams and a bigger heart. I have enjoyed rooting for him and seeing hi hard work pay off. I pray it happens one more time for this guy. Nothing has come easy for him; I guess it is only appropriate for him to have to overcome another big obstacle to achieve his goals.

Many Syracuse fans will be hoping and praying for him to make it back to SU and the football team. Good luck Shy!
Bambrewer is a GD legend here.

What a bummer.

If he is able to come back, this will hurt him at LB. There are some rising, promising players at this position and those reps lost at practice will not be made up in the weight room.

He's a great story and committed young man. Great on special teams. Everyone is better if he's able to make it back, but if not, next man up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom