Sickening | Syracusefan.com

Sickening

Total letdown of a really exiting game. All the good juju that I was feeling is now
replace with complete and utter disappointment. I know there is much to be optimistic about what we saw today... but at the end of the day its whether you win or lose...and we lost.

push off on Archie = no call

travel by Archie before the pass = no call

Archie does not foul!!!!

Or make mistakes.

Pretty much, he's untouchable. Unless you touch him, then it's a foul on you. If he touches you though it's probably just him giving you the Lord's prayer, so the refs let it go.

push off on Archie = no call

travel by Archie before the pass = no call

Yep, but we really lost this game in the first 4 minutes of the 2nd half when they outscored us 12-4.

From that point on we looked like the team trying not to lose and they looked like the team trying to win. Refs tend to favor the latter.

Cheers,
Neil

Archie does not foul!!!!

Or make mistakes.

Pretty much, he's untouchable. Unless you touch him, then it's a foul on you. If he touches you though it's probably just him giving you the Lord's prayer, so the refs let it go.

i'd love to know what happened in the offseason that someone decided that he has earned that

Yep, but we really lost this game in the first 4 minutes of the 2nd half when they outscored us 12-4.

From that point on we looked like the team trying not to lose and they looked like the team trying to win. Refs tend to favor the latter.

Cheers,
Neil

say what you want, but if you dont think this game was pre-determined, you are clueless

omniorange said:
Yep, but we really lost this game in the first 4 minutes of the 2nd half when they outscored us 12-4. From that point on we looked like the team trying not to lose and they looked like the team trying to win. Refs tend to favor the latter. Cheers, Neil

Disagree. They were screwing us all game.

As I look back on it, Syracuse has to defend the in bound pass after made shots. They gave up several seconds, through out the entire second half. Add up the 2/3 seconds each time and the game never ends with the last 10.8 seconds we just watched.

As I look back on it, Syracuse has to defend the in bound pass after made shots. They gave up several seconds, through out the entire second half. Add up the 2/3 seconds each time and the game never ends with the last 10.8 seconds we just watched.

That -- and there was no reason to call that last timeout -- none!! Throw the ball to Cooney -- and the last inbounds play, go to the ball and catch it!!!

I'm just...

Disagree. They were screwing us all game.

Fouls were basically even the first half (9-7) when we looked like the aggressive team.

In the first 4 or so minutes of the first half when they started to play typical Nova ball the fouls were (4-0). They were the aggressor trying to get back into the game and we came out flat playing like we had won the game already.

Not disagreeing that more fouls should have been called on them, but I stand by my original statement. The more aggressive team offensively and defensively tends to be rewarded by the refs.

Cheers,
Neil

omniorange said:
Fouls were basically even the first half (9-7) when we looked like the aggressive team. In the first 4 or so minutes of the first half when they started to play typical Nova ball the fouls were (4-0). They were the aggressor trying to get back into the game and we came out flat playing like we had won the game already. Not disagreeing that more fouls should have been called on them, but I stand by my original statement. The more aggressive team offensively and defensively tends to be rewarded by the refs. Cheers, Neil

Perhaps, but how many non calls were there that favored them even in the first half?

Just another bad loss. This one will haunt us on Selection Sunday. Should have a quality win/scalp and we don't because we melted down in the last 24 seconds of regulation when we had a 5 point lead. Despite some bad calls during the game, it was right there to close it out and we didn't. Allowing Nova to roll the ball into the frontcourt without any time coming off the clock -- twice -- is pure idiocy. And the inability to inbound the ball against pressure is a continuing problem that is also inexcusable. No other top 20 programs seems to have such a problem.

That -- and there was no reason to call that last timeout -- none!! Throw the ball to Cooney -- and the last inbounds play, go to the ball and catch it!!!

Totally agree. He was open. I think it was the first nail-biter against a top 10 team and they pretty much froze the last 20 seconds. To me, biggest mistake on defense (through out the game) was letting the guards penetrate at the top of the key and dump the ball down low. That's got to get better going forward

image.jpg

Look at all the open jumpshots gbinije and cooney had in the first half even roberson had one or 2, and rak made one.
They had 0 the second half Can't stress that enough.

No open looks off a pass, off a double team kickout, around a screen, 2ndary swing pass the entire second half.
That was the difference maker.

And the 1-2 handchecks went on the guy guarding joseph not guarding the pass reciever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom