Siena job may be opening up soon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Siena job may be opening up soon

Does anyone know if Siena is going to require previous HC experience like they did last year? If so, all the Gmac and Beilein talk can stop. They didn’t get interviews last year because of the HC requirement.

Beilein is a HC though? Or does D2 not count?

Beilein is a HC though? Or does D2 not count?

Yea, I was told HC. Didn’t specify D1 or not so that may be a bad assumption on my part and shouldn’t have included Beilein.

great spring board job. jump off the high board do a flip and make a splash. then await the judges scores.

Siena names Macierello as interim HC.

1GQeGEs5_bigger.jpg
Mark Singelais‏Verified account @MarkSingelais
FollowingFollowing @MarkSingelais
More

Mark Singelais Retweeted Mark Singelais

John D'Argenio was quite complimentary of Maciariello, particularly his experience working under head coaches Fran McCaffery at Siena and Ed Cooley at Fairfield and Providence. It leaves an impression that Maciariello may not have the interim tag for long.

Carmen Maciariello - Men's Basketball Coach - Siena College Athletics

Masons still out.. LETS GET AND MAINTAIN A LEAD GUYS

I’m not a Gmac basher but honestly what has he done or shown that a team would hire him to be a HC.
You need an opportunity. No one is proven as a head coach when they first start. JB started 0-0, same with K, Izzo, etc. what did Hopkins show before UW got him? Being an assistant and HC are completely different. If you want to bring up recruiting, it’s apples to oranges. Recruiting to Syracuse vs Siena is completely different.

Siena probably craves some stability staying in house.

That assistant who was named interim officially got the job, interim tag is gone

You need an opportunity. No one is proven as a head coach when they first start. JB started 0-0, same with K, Izzo, etc. what did Hopkins show before UW got him? Being an assistant and HC are completely different. If you want to bring up recruiting, it’s apples to oranges. Recruiting to Syracuse vs Siena is completely different.
Hopkins was an assistant for decades with proven recruiting ties. GMAC has presided over some very underwhelming years, obviously this isn't all his fault. Not all assistant coaches are made equally, some are known as amazing recruiters or excel in X and O's, and like I mentioned above GMAC really hasnt proven that he is that great in either which brings me back to my point of what has he really done to get a HC job at a place like Siena. I think I deserve a shot to be a HC as well, doesnt mean I will get it.

Hop didn’t star reeling in recruits when he first started either. GMAC hasn’t been here 22 years. Girard and Goodine are not too bad.
You just made my point, he had 22 years of experience and recruiting ties. Gmac has about five and we haven’t been anything special and player development really hasn’t been our strong suit. Which once again is the reason why I don’t think he is really that qualified for a job like Siena.

Hop didn’t star reeling in recruits when he first started either. GMAC hasn’t been here 22 years. Girard and Goodine are not too bad.

And everyone who he has found have been awful or to the point of being unplayable.

I know people defend him and that's fine, but he has been incredibly underperforming when it comes to recruiting.

Every year I hear about that Gmac is ok and they cite a recruit who hasn't even played. At the end of the day Girard I think is rated in the 200-300s and there is hope for Goodine, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom