Similar talent ? | Syracusefan.com

Similar talent ?

Don

2nd String
I'm constantly dumfounded by the people that say we have similar talent to the rest of the teams in our division even when we were somewhat healthy . I just don't see it basically anywhere.

Bc was bigger and faster than we were yesterday and I dare say younger and they were missing nearly as many people as we were.

We have no running backs like the guy they trotted out there not even close he is bigger than all our lbs and proably faster . He would have steam rolled everybody even in our healthy dB as well.

Both there lines are way getter than ours it Not even close.

This team is so underwhelmed with talent it Not funny. I will tell you it would be lucky to be a 500 team playing with the likes of Temple , Memphis, ucf and Usf and that conference.

We lack size , speed and depth basically everywhere.

There is no magic button to push the team needs better players to be a better team.

Oh and stop crying about the division we are in. This is big boy football , any team worth its salt would beg to play in this division it,s where you want to be if you want to be good. To quote Richard Flair " to be the man you gotta beat the man " and there is no better place to do it than our division.

Only time and good recruiting is gojng to help , the problem is we are not going to make up this talent deficit quickly as most teams in the conference also are recruiting well .

This is going to be an up hill climb to say the least it may take 2 to 3 more years to win 7 or 8 games that' what my eyes tell me

I have hope in my heart and will continue to get my season tickets. I also have opened my eyes however and given what I feel is a barebones assessment honestly and it's not pretty .

Right now we have no peers in the conference we are the low of the low talent wise in our division we are at the bottom of the mountain , the good news is we can go up but it ain't going to be easy.

I'm constantly dumfounded by the people that say we have similar talent to the rest of the teams in our division even when we were somewhat healthy . I just don't see it basically anywhere.

Bc was bigger and faster than we were yesterday and I dare say younger and they were missing nearly as many people as we were.

We have no running backs like the guy they trotted out there not even close he is bigger than all our lbs and proably faster . He would have steam rolled everybody even in our healthy dB as well.

This team is so underwhelmed with talent it Not funny. I will tell you it would be lucky to be a 500 team playing with the likes of Temple , Memphis, ucf and Usf and that conference.

There is no magic button to push the team needs better players to be a better team.

Oh and stop crying about the division we are in. This is big boy football , any team worth its salt would beg to play in this division it,s where you want to be if you want to be good. To quote Richard Flair " to be the man you gotta beat the man " and there is no better place to do it than our division.

Only time and good recruiting is gojng to help , the problem is we are not going to make up this talent deficit quickly as most teams in the conference also are recruiting well .

This is going to be an up hill climb to say the least it may take 2 to 3 more years to win 7 or 8 games that' what my eyes tell me

I have hope in my heart and will continue to get my season tickets. I also have opened my eyes however and given what I feel is a barebones assessment honestly and it's not pretty .

Right now we have no peers in the conference we are the low of the low talent wise in our division we are at the bottom of the mountain , the good news is we can go up but it ain't going to be easy.
We have beat B.C. two of the last three years. If we played them 6 weeks ago, we beat them. Wake has also been a team that we have done very well against. They needed a hurricane to beat us last year. Having said that, we are at a big disadvantage in the talent department with the rest of the division. And as far as the division goes, it is ridiculous to have one side loaded and the other not so much. The divisions need to be more balanced. And not just for us. Having both Clemson and Florida State in the same side is not good for the league.

mitchum man. what was most striking to me about dillon (great rb) is that he never even broke a sweat. every shot (even post game) the dude was cool , calm and powder dry.

I would love to just switch Neal and Dillon and see how the game plays out. i think neal is the ideal change of pace guy, but he isnt going to make something out of nothing nor run away or over guys and you need that in your number one.

There were multiple runs by BC yesterday that had nothing to do with good blocking, both RBs ran guys over or made moves in the hole and it turned into big runs.. the 2nd half we stuffed them on first down over and over and then couldnt cover the TE and missed the QB on the boot throws time after time and 2nd and 10 turned into first downs.

our best QB threw 8 tds and 6 picks in conference and had his worst rating ever.(122.8)

our best QB threw 8 tds and 6 picks in conference and had his worst rating ever.(122.8)
Are you saying that Eric Dungey isn't a difference maker for us? Because if you are, you are wrong. And he threw 4 of those picks in one game. He was also our best running threat.

Are you saying that Eric Dungey isn't a difference maker for us? Because if you are, you are wrong. And he threw 4 of those picks in one game. He was also our best running threat.
and until he stops running and learns to slide instead of hurdle he be sidelined.

and until he stops running and learns to slide instead of hurdle he be sidelined.
Not the point you made. You used stats to say that he wasn't that good. I suggest that is very wrong. They even mentioned on the broadcast our every coach in the ACC talks about how good Eric is.

2015 137 , 2016 138 , 2017 123 . his comp% down and ypr down. also took more sacks.
what makes eric good is how he is willing togive up his body for the play. what makes eric fragile is how he is willing to give up his body for the play. numbers were not outstanding.

2015 137 , 2016 138 , 2017 123 . his comp% down and ypr down. also took more sacks.
what makes eric good is how he is willing togive up his body for the play. what makes eric fragile is how he is willing to give up his body for the play. numbers were not outstanding.
What makes Eric good is a lot more than that. Pretty obvious that the kid is an excellent leader. And those stats just might say a lot more about his o-line than it does about him.

If you judge ED’s play on stats alone you arent watching

And weirdly enough that game was one of his most admirable performanes

ED is our difference maker and has great assets, but he is not an accurate thrower and after next year his replacement better be more consistent throwing the ball.

ED is our difference maker and has great assets, but he is not an accurate thrower and after next year his replacement better be more consistent throwing the ball.

He’s got a 61.6% career completion percentage.

He didn’t throw the ball as well this year, though I gotta think that’s at least partially due to only having 2 good WR’s compared to the 4 good ones he had last year.

ok so i won't judge this team or it's players on stats or wins. you bring me a D report card and want me to polish it into an A . sorry i can't do it. we ain't bowling. i saw what i saw.

Richt, Fisher and Dabo must be easier graders than you then

ok so i won't judge this team or it's players on stats or wins. you bring me a D report card and want me to polish it into an A ? sorry i can't do it. we ain't bowling. i saw what i saw.

You cherry picked the stats you wanted and ignored that they WIN a lot more when Eric plays.

Weird performance in this thread, tbone.

I agree with most of what you're saying.We will spend a large part of the season playing against more talented teams.
BTW schools have been drooling over Dillon for yrs.Highly coveted guy.
I look at our schedule this yr, and i see easy 2-3 losses where we just shot ourselves in the foot. td's called back because of penalties, interceptions nullified due to penalties, and what looked like a complete lack of preparation for Wake.
I would argue that our own blunders are the difference between being 7-5 or 6-6, and 4-8 this yr.

We will always play more talented teams, but you can mitigate that in part, by OUTEXECUTING them. play more disciplined, let the other guy make the mental mistakes.you dont need to be bigger, or faster, or have more stars to do that. In fact, i would argue that given the fact that long term you will not out-recruit Clemson, Miami, fl. state, notre dame, etc., the ONLY way to be consistently competitive in this division will be to make fewer mistakes, be more disciplined, and execute better.and when you string a few strong recruiting classes together with that, you can dominate.
...has anybody watched Belechik over the yrs?

the fact that he hurdles had no impact on him getting hurt this year

Offseason depression/boredom setting in already and it hasnt even been 24 hours

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom