Simple change to Dome appearance | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Simple change to Dome appearance

Mark Ennis@Mengus22
Clemson gets to visit college football's unfinished basement in Syracuse on October 5th.

In addition to having a radio show, Mark Ennis runs the Big East Coast Bias blog. He's also a Louisville fan.

You mean the blog that hasn't been updated since last November?

The new updated Club 44.

Paradise+Found+Picture+2.jpg

Yea, I know. I know. He's got an axe to grind. I just wanted to be clear that I didn't make it up.
No problem. I didn't think you made it up.

Re: benches - how about a spray on type material like a LINE-X spray on bedliner. Pretty sure they have residential applications .

Haven't been to dome in a long time but are those just orange seat cushions on the mid-field bleachers? If so why aren't they installed around the entire stadium?

Maybe I am in a mood today...not sure. But with all the things they could spend money on and we are here talking round and round about painting aluminum bench seating that is perfectly fine at the moment???!!!! ...and spending millions to brick the outside of the dome???!!! Really? Those are your priorities? Sure, if Bill Gates donates a $billion, I would include those things in the to-do list...maybe. But not now. Those are things you do when you have more money than you know what do do with.

Haven't been to dome in a long time but are those just orange seat cushions on the mid-field bleachers? If so why aren't they installed around the entire stadium?
They can be but right now, unless you are one of the big donors who get those seats, you pay something like $30 to have them installed in your season ticket seat. I've never sat in one so not sure how comfortable they are.

Maybe I am in a mood today...not sure. But with all the things they could spend money on and we are here talking round and round about painting aluminum bench seating that is perfectly fine at the moment???!!!! ...and spending millions to brick the outside of the dome???!!! Really? Those are your priorities? Sure, if Bill Gates donates a $billion, I would include those things in the to-do list...maybe. But not now. Those are things you do when you have more money than you know what do do with.

Hey, I was the one that suggested a Truckasaurus.

Hey, I was the one that suggested a Truckasaurus.
I would go for that (rented, of course). It could be used to chase the visitor's mascot around and then destroy it. It would get football casual fans and all variation of fans of fringe motorsports into the dome for football! Bam!

While not a cosmetic change we need to pump up the heat in that building to 110 degrees every game.

if every game was in early september like the northwestern game last year we should be all set in that department. even though it topped off at 98 i believe

I would go for that (rented, of course). It could be used to chase the visitor's mascot around and then destroy it. It would get football casual fans and all variation of fans of fringe motorsports into the dome for football! Bam!

Oh man I see the headlines now.

UNC Files Grievance To Have SU Removed From ACC After Ottosaurus Dismembered Ram Mascot.

It’s obviously 100% cosmetic and is something that will never be done by the Athletic department either – and nor should it. BUT it could and should be done if the University paid for it. The curb appeal of the whole area would increase by 1000.
Would significantly increase the appeal... It was make it blend better with the academic buildings surrounding it.

While not a cosmetic change we need to pump up the heat in that building to 110 degrees every game.

For most games this would be a great idea. The Florida teams would probably have the advantage on us, though. We could put holes in all their Gatorade cups or something.

Oh man I see the headlines now.

UNC Files Grievance To Have SU Removed From ACC After Ottosaurus Dismembered Ram Mascot.
I love the variation. Ottosaurus!

For most games this would be a great idea. The Florida teams would probably have the advantage on us, though. We could put holes in all their Gatorade cups or something.
I think most of the southern teams have an advantage in this environment. I recall a while back we played NC St. early on. It was crazy hot and humid. You could see he SU players suffering and the NC St.. players having no problem with the heat. Some of the fans were nuts. I recall a lot of drunk dudes with shirts off ...lots of taunting among them and plenty of near-miss falls down the steps while going for their next beer.

I think most of the southern teams have an advantage in this environment. I recall a while back we played NC St. early on. It was crazy hot and humid. You could see he SU players suffering and the NC St.. players having no problem with the heat. Some of the fans were nuts. I recall a lot of drunk dudes with shirts off ...lots of taunting among them and plenty of near-miss falls down the steps while going for their next beer.

The heat and humidity effect on our players concerns me. The fans behavior, from what I've been told, is standard and reminiscent of WVU. Every conference needs one screwball fanbase, NCState is the ACC's. (Hmmmm...could this be the real reason the ACC did not want WVU...)

The heat and humidity effect on our players concerns me. The fans behavior, from what I've been told, is standard and reminiscent of WVU. Every conference needs one screwball fanbase, NCState is the ACC's. (Hmmmm...could this be the real reason the ACC did not want WVU...)
I was just talking about in the dome. The nuts that day were ours. The heat brings it out.

I said fiberglass but yes composite is the word I was looking for.

One thing is certain in my opinion a new stadium will never be built. They’ll find ways to renovate and spruce up the Dome. If bricking the Dome adds to the aesthetics of campus and matches university buildings I wonder if that’s money that could come from the general fund.

The highest ticket item with the most benefit would be blowing out the front of the Dome. From below grade for offices, training rooms and locker rooms all the way up to the concourse with grand entrance way, restaurant/bar, recruit lounge etc.

There are brick veneer systems that could be applied...basically a 1/2" brick that is used in commercial construction for bricking over an existing facade.

I was just talking about in the dome. The nuts that day were ours. The heat brings it out.

Oops! (eats crow) You may be right, too much heat/humidity can have an effect on people not used to it.

You'd think that but it's different. WF was gassed by the time we kicked it into gear in the 2nd half leading to our epic comeback. Antwon Bailey broke that big run around the corner and that wouldn't have happened in the first quarter because one of the 7 guys in pursuit wouldve tracked him down. FSU played in the dome way back when and their players had issues with it as well, namely cramping and dehydration. I'm curious what the temp is in the dome for our own practices though. Seems 100 degrees would be hard nosed and give our players an advantage when it's a 'cool' 85 degrees on game days.

You'd think that but it's different. WF was gassed by the time we kicked it into gear in the 2nd half leading to our epic comeback. Antwon Bailey broke that big run around the corner and that wouldn't have happened in the first corner because one of the 7 guys in pursuit wouldve tracked him down. FSU played in the dome way back when and their players had issues with it as well, namely cramping and dehydration. I'm curious what the temp is in the dome for our own practices though. Seems 100 degrees would be hard nosed and give our players an advantage when it's a 'cool' 85 degrees on game days.

100 degrees? Let's make it an 120 degree sauna.

You'd think that but it's different. WF was gassed by the time we kicked it into gear in the 2nd half leading to our epic comeback. Antwon Bailey broke that big run around the corner and that wouldn't have happened in the first corner because one of the 7 guys in pursuit wouldve tracked him down. FSU played in the dome way back when and their players had issues with it as well, namely cramping and dehydration. I'm curious what the temp is in the dome for our own practices though. Seems 100 degrees would be hard nosed and give our players an advantage when it's a 'cool' 85 degrees on game days.
I agree and was surprised by Wake. I think for them, it was their size and conditioning. I think their big uglies were not in shape. I also think that over the past 4 seasons, our players have been better prepared and trained than times in the past.

I agree and was surprised by Wake. I think for them, it was their size and conditioning. I think their big uglies were not in shape. I also think that over the past 4 seasons, our players have been better prepared and trained than times in the past.

Agreed. Our team conditioning came a long way under marrone and I'm not expecting any drop off under SS. At this point I expect our team to be the best conditioned on the field every game regardless of opponent.