Six players | Syracusefan.com

Six players

DonLightfoot

All Conference
That’s all that saw the floor last night except for a “blink of an eye” from Carey. In this high altitude? Six players? Granted, Frank was out. With the sanctions gone and 10 or 11 scholarship players on the roster all the discussions before the season started were “we will have a good rotation of 9 or 10 players.” Then the season starts and we don’t take advantage of getting some of these kids playing time. Development and confidence for them goes right out the window. This showed its ugly head during some ACC games and of course last night.

Also, what happened with about 10 minutes left in the game last night? All of a sudden we went from very good ball movement for about 30 minutes back to the usual “one on one ISO”. Yes, our shots were not dropping late, but were we just too tired so they could not move on offense?

An adjustment “was” made late in the first half to get out on the three point shooters. This helped, but in the second half Baylor was able to get inside and move the ball around for easy shots. Another indication of possibly being too tired to close out. Also, basketball has become a three point shooting contest (I hate the three point rule) and teams seem to set records against us every time we play. That should tell us something.

Very disappointing and frustrating to watch this regression and philosophy the last couple of years. After 38 years of being an avid fan, I find it hard to say how enthusiastic I will be leading into next season. I will still be there, but my expectations are dwindling each year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom