Skytop Parking | Syracusefan.com

Skytop Parking

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
Just got tix for the MD game and they came with a Skytop Parking pass. Someone mind give me a quick low down on how the shuttle works since my wife is pregnant. Just basic things I didn't find googling it; how often does the shuttle come through, is it typically packed, where exactly does the shuttle drop off, how is it after the game.

Thanks.

Just got tix for the MD game and they came with a Skytop Parking pass. Someone mind give me a quick low down on how the shuttle works since my wife is pregnant. Just basic things I didn't find googling it; how often does the shuttle come through, is it typically packed, where exactly does the shuttle drop off, how is it after the game.

Thanks.
It's been a long time since I parked at skytop, but when I did the shuttles were packed. Do you tailgate? If not, do you live close to Great Northern Mall? They used to run a shuttle from there, I don't know if they still do, but it was very convenient with plenty of room.

Thanks.

I used to park there until a couple years ago. The shuttles run pretty regularly. As in, there's a bus every few minutes. Other than the Penn State game, I never waited more than 10-15 minutes, tops. They drop off on the edge of the quad opposite the dome (right in front of Slocum Hall).

The buses are full, but especially closer to kickoff. My advice with a pregnant wife would be to grab one of the earlier, less packed buses.

If you stay for the whole game, you'll probably be the only one on the shuttle going back.:(

Thanks.

The shuttle comes really often. There's about 2-3 buses there almost the whole time. They'll fill the buses up and then they head out to drop you off at College place. This is right off of Comstock. The estimated walk from College place to the dome is about ~5 minutes. This depends on how fast you walk and also what gate you want to enter.

The buses are usually packed, so if you want your wife to sit for the ride, just wait in line for 3-4 minutes extra and an empty bus will show up. Sometimes someone is nice enough to offer their seat to pregnant women, older people, etc.

The bus pickup area is near the office buildings (to the right when you drive in). I highly doubt you could miss it, especially since buses are almost always over there and since hundreds of people are gathered there.

call the dome and explain it to them to make sure how it works.. i did have to show why i needed handicap parking since its a handicap lot.. it helps a lot since you will be dropped off and board right next to the dome instead of walking out to the skytop bus.

do yourself a favor get there early, pay $10-$20 and park up on the hill over by Marshall street, VA garage, frat houses, etc. Total pain in the a$$ dealing with skytop IMHO.

call the dome and explain it to them to make sure how it works.. i did have to show why i needed handicap parking since its a handicap lot..
"Carrier Dome, how may I help you?"

"Yea, this is ... Bob. I was inquiring about how to get a handicap parking/bus pass."

"What's the nature of your handicap?"

"Well, I'm ... uh ... pregnant. (And I'll be too wasted to walk to the normal bus.)"

<click>

the handicap shuttle is far different than the reg bus.. it has more room, leaves on its own schedule and leaves much earlier from the dome.

"Carrier Dome, how may I help you?"

"Yea, this is ... Bob. I was inquiring about how to get a handicap parking/bus pass."

"What's the nature if your handicap?"

"Well, I'm ... uh ... pregnant. (And I'll be too wasted to walk to the normal bus.)"

<click>
My kid had to use it for a fball injury. they had people with 10 in a group and 1 handicap person using it. we had 4-5 other plays with us, they dont care you just have to get the ticket to get back on.

do yourself a favor get there early, pay $10-$20 and park up on the hill over by Marshall street, VA garage, frat houses, etc. Total pain in the a$$ dealing with skytop IMHO.

We have a business parking spot we found and have been parking at for years now, free. I bought the tix and the parking pass was in there so I figured I'd ask. I might just hit my normal spot and it'll just take us longer to walk up to the dome.

I park up there and it's fine. I arrive at least an hour before game time. I usually walk right on a bus and there are always a couple waiting. Drops you off near the quad. Nice walk in to the dome past the quad where the band is playing, food being served, etc. After the game, you may have to stand in line and wait probably 10-15 minutes for a bus back to Skytop if you leave with a majority of the crowd. It's your typical bus. All the seats are taken. And people stand in the aisle and hold on to the rails. It's no more than a 5 minute ride to the Dome from Skytop.

I used to park there until a couple years ago. The shuttles run pretty regularly. As in, there's a bus every few minutes. Other than the Penn State game, I never waited more than 10-15 minutes, tops. They drop off on the edge of the quad opposite the dome (right in front of Slocum Hall).

The buses are full, but especially closer to kickoff. My advice with a pregnant wife would be to grab one of the earlier, less packed buses.

If you stay for the whole game, you'll probably be the only one on the shuttle going back.:(
thats funny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom