Sleepers | Syracusefan.com

Sleepers

LAOrange

Starter
By definition, sleepers are teams everyone passes over. St. Louis is not a sleeper. VCU is not a sleeper.
My sleepers by Region:
Louisville's Region - Cincinnati 10 seed. Creighton's lost to some bad teams. Duke can be beat if they take out Kelly. Cincinnati can out muscle MSU but would lose to Memphis and they've already played Louisville. Smith and Siva have a bad day they go home.
Gonzaga's Region - Wisconsin isn't a low seed but nobody's paying attention to them. I saw them play a couple of times. They're really good.
Kansas's Region- San Diego State - Georgetown is not a high-scoring team. Florida played in the SEC and that conference sucked. Their highest scorer is Mike Rosario. Nuf said. I don't think they can beat KU or UM but if UNC comes out, they can get past the Elite 8.
Syracuse's Region - Play our game and nobody beats us. But for the sake of this thread watch out for Temple or NC State.

Are we talking about sleepers who will make a run at the Final Four? Or just win a couple games? If we're talking about just making a Sweet 16 run, I'm looking at maybe someone like Bucknell, Davidson, or South Dakota State. Bucknell, I think, can absolutely beat Butler and Marquette, in particular.

I thought you were talking about the movie at first.
Not gonna lie, that was my first thought as well.

Fun fact: the real person that Jason Patric's character is based on, Lorenzo Carcaterra, has been a television producer for years, including most notably for the Law and Order franchise. Not bad for a guy who claims to have been repeatedly cornholed by Kevin Bacon.

Not gonna lie, that was my first thought as well.

Fun fact: the real person that Jason Patric's character is based on, Lorenzo Carcaterra, has been a television producer for years, including most notably for the Law and Order franchise. Not bad for a guy who claims to have been repeatedly cornholed by Kevin Bacon.
I saw that movie back when I was in high school. I feel like I am scarred for life.

Are we talking about sleepers who will make a run at the Final Four? Or just win a couple games? If we're talking about just making a Sweet 16 run, I'm looking at maybe someone like Bucknell, Davidson, or South Dakota State. Bucknell, I think, can absolutely beat Butler and Marquette, in particular.
Under optimal circumstances make the final four in every bracket except ours. Now I don't think Cincinnati will do it but if Kelly is a non-factor and if Louisville's backcourt can't hack the planet, maybe...

I have Pitt, Oklahoma St, and VCU in the Sweet 16. Bucknell and Cincinnati winning one. Pitt in E8. Nothing really crazy. Two 1s and two 2s in F4.

I like Belmont. Unfortunately, I also like New Mexico to make a deep run. So I think Belmont takes out Arizona and loses to UNM in a tight one.

South Dakota State beat New Mexico at Alb. Under things that make you go hmmm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom