Sleepovers | Syracusefan.com

Sleepovers

Cusefan95

All Conference
Listened a little to Boomer & Carton this AM - one thing they seemed to think was odd was kids sleeping over at Fine's house. I had a little different take on that, I have a buddy that has been involved with youth programs for years. It didn't happen often, but he would, on occasion, have kids over at his house overnight. (This was prior to the Catholic Church scandal in the mid to late 90's). Once P e d o p h I l I astarted getting national attention and he realized he'd be guilty until proven innocent in the court of public opinion, he stopped allowing kids to stay over. So I think my thoughts on that element right now are:

1) It's not nearly as bizarre as these guys seem to think that kids were staying over at a guy's house. They're judging that element with 2011 beliefs and values, but the events allegedly occurred in the late 80's early 90's.

2) It's obviously important to protect kids, but the lynch mob mentality that exists today absolutely lowers the likelihood that a man will choose to mentor a kid, who has a high probability of lacking male role models in 2011. There's just too much personal risk and downside to it.

...sleep overs are not a good idea if you do not have kids of similar age...this is a truth that should be followed...dont give the impression of wrong doing...ever

It's not as if Bernie lives alone. He's been married all this time, correct?

I grew up in the late 80's to 90's - I stayed over with friends at adults homes all the time. Didn't think twice of it then or now until just this moment. Maybe today it's different, but it wasn't anything close to a big deal in the 80's.

Listened a little to Boomer & Carton this AM - one thing they seemed to think was odd was kids sleeping over at Fine's house. I had a little different take on that, I have a buddy that has been involved with youth programs for years. It didn't happen often, but he would, on occasion, have kids over at his house overnight. (This was prior to the Catholic Church scandal in the mid to late 90's). Once P e d o p h I l I astarted getting national attention and he realized he'd be guilty until proven innocent in the court of public opinion, he stopped allowing kids to stay over. So I think my thoughts on that element right now are:

1) It's not nearly as bizarre as these guys seem to think that kids were staying over at a guy's house. They're judging that element with 2011 beliefs and values, but the events allegedly occurred in the late 80's early 90's.

2) It's obviously important to protect kids, but the lynch mob mentality that exists today absolutely lowers the likelihood that a man will choose to mentor a kid, who has a high probability of lacking male role models in 2011. There's just too much personal risk and downside to it.
What is this guy's age in relation to Bernie's kids? It seems like Bernie was a surrogate father to these guys. We they buddies with his kids?

What is this guy's age in relation to Bernie's kids? It seems like Bernie was a surrogate father to these guys. We they buddies with his kids?

One of the many reports said that Davis used to babysit Bernie's kids.

Bernie's kids are a little younger than the accusers are.

Bernie does have kids, didn't one recently play at Binghamton! Anybody know the ages of the kids?

One of the many reports said that Davis used to babysit Bernie's kids.

Bernie's kids should accuse Davis of molestation - they may be a lot closer to the statute of limitations for criminal proceedings.

Edit - Would love to see if ESPN/Schwartz would give them the same weight of credibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom