Small World for Syracuse Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Small World for Syracuse Basketball

mayselc

Scout Team
So I was walking my dog in a the park next to my house tonight in Wilmington, Delaware, wearing my Syracuse hoodie. A woman walking her dog said "Go Orange" and I mentioned the UCONN game.

She then said, "I used to coach women's basketball there." Turns out it was Marianna Freeman. She lives in my neighborhood and runs a community center in Wilmington.

We chatted a bit about the team. She thinks Cooney will be very good and likes their chances this year.

The Orange are everywhere!

Interesting. I wondered where she went - didn't seem to turn up with any coaching jobs.

Since I've been living in Knoxville, I've been surprised at how many people have told me they're from the syracuse area after they see me wearing a 'cuse shirt. I probably wear more orange (real orange) down here than I did back home. One older guy saw me one day and told me he and his wife were alumi. I asked if he was there during the Jim Brown or Ernie Davis days. He said he graduated with "Jimmy Brown" and never missed a home game.

Hey there. Nice to see another Delawarian-ite on the board. I grew up in Hockessin. A few minutes walk from Sanford HS, where Cooney played.

In Kansas City, there aren't many SU alums (I think I met 5 from the area in my four years at school, and there's a small pocket of others), but there are three who host local sports talk shows.

Not bad for being a small private school in Southern Canada (Syracuse).I think 80 percent the license plates i see on campus are Jersey plates.Shockingly i have seen more and more California plates around.Quite a few from Texas as well.Not to mention the 100,000 folks that have moved away from here.And if them people moved for a job its fine.If they moved cause the weather, then good riddens.No wimps allowed.

I've bumped into Cuse alums here in GA ... heck my neighbor is from the Albany area ... small small world indeed.

Slower/Lower Delawarean (Lewes-Rehoboth area). I've developed am SU connection with several of the on-air personalities at the local TV station (WBOC out of Salisbury, MD) who were Newhouse grads.

Not bad for being a small private school in Southern Canada (Syracuse).I think 80 percent the license plates i see on campus are Jersey plates.Shockingly i have seen more and more California plates around.Quite a few from Texas as well.Not to mention the 100,000 folks that have moved away from here.And if them people moved for a job its fine.If they moved cause the weather, then good riddens.No wimps allowed.

The University has been going hard after CA students for a few years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in Philly in the summer for 2 days and I was either wearing a SU visor or a t-shirt and about 8 people stopped me and said they either went to SU or their kid did. My wife and I couldn't believe how many people kept stopping us.

I had a guy chase me down in Yellowstone because I was wearing an SU shirt. Said there he had met another guy in a corvette club who was also a cuse fan. I've met a few here in Alaska too

I rock Cuse gear all the time in Baltimore, get frequent chants and waves

The only thing like that I've gotten down here in Texas was when I was at one of the few local bars in my town about four or five years ago, wearing a Syracuse hoody, and this guy says, "oh, I was a graduate assistant there."

Of course, he didn't realize that he was talking to the very definition of a Syracuse superfan, so I knew he was 100% full of , but it was still pretty funny to me.