Smart comments | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Smart comments

I watched 42 last night. I can't imagine a human being been treated like Jackie Robinson was. Using racist remarks to taunt someone is really despicable. The shove did not amount to much, and I would not discipline Smart if that is what happened.

So it's now okay to put your hands on someone but we'll be damned if someone says something inappropriate.

texascpa said:
So it's now okay to put your hands on someone but we'll be damned if someone says something inappropriate.

So it's now ok for bigots to open their mouths and spew racist remarks at college kids?

So it's now ok for bigots to open their mouths and spew racist remarks at college kids?

Where did I say that? Why not reread what I wrote in context to what I was replying to.

It's also good to see how easily some of you jump on the race bandwagon when there hasn't been any confirmation of what the guy said.

I have to admit, I kinda like the Henderson/Devendorf type guys. I think they make the game more interesting and it's awesome to see guys be so passionate about something they love.

I'll always defend Eric to any Cuse fan that gives him crap. He seriously is a very underrated player.
devo was a horrible defensive player. We beat Memphis at Memphis without him. There is a reason that jb really didn't want him back.

From the reflective time on my couch, if that fan really said "go back to Africa'", Smart should have said " as soon as I'm done ...ING your wife. She does all the black ball players."

devo was a horrible defensive player. We beat Memphis at Memphis without him. There is a reason that jb really didn't want him back.
That's not the reason.

There is a huge difference between taunting an athlete and using racist remarks to taunt someone. I don't think is right to cross that line and the guy that did it was not some college kid but a full grown adult. He should know better.

There is a huge difference between taunting an athlete and using racist remarks to taunt someone. I don't think is right to cross that line and the guy that did it was not some college kid but a full grown adult. He should know better.

That has nothing to do with your original statement. You stated the shove didn't amount to much. You're trying to justify the shove was okay in light of ALLEGATIONS of his remarks. And sorry, Smart's an adult under the law. He gets no pass.

If this guy said was is being alleged and dropped an N-bomb on Smart, then getting pushed was a best-case scenario for him.

If I was the Big 12, I'd want no part of suspending someone for responding with a push to someone that just yelled a racial slur at him while he was down.

If I was Texas Tech I'd get this clown away from the program as far away as possible.

That has nothing to do with your original statement. You stated the shove didn't amount to much. You're trying to justify the shove was okay in light of ALLEGATIONS of his remarks. And sorry, Smart's an adult under the law. He gets no pass.
Look, I don't know what was said and I am not condoning violence. On the other hand if he was taunted racially, I can see where he might lose his temper and shove the person who is taunting him. If he was called a pu ssy as others claimed then he should have laughed at the guy.

If Smart deserves to be punished for pushing the guy over a racial comment. then so should the idiot who said it. Like I said neither I nor you know what was said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom