Snowmageddon 2017 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Snowmageddon 2017

Albany now projected at 18-24. Higher in the hill towns.

MSNBC just reported the worst major city to be in this storms crosshairs is Albany,N.Y! Ugh

latest

Those UNC-G players do appear to have good quickness!

Started up here about an hour ago. Was supposed to start at 10. Should be interesting.

Tractor Trailer Ban
I-81, I-84, I-86/Route 17, I-88 and the Thruway

One of my workers is flying out of Syracuse at 10:00 tonight. Driving in from Ottawa (3 hour drive) -- not uncommon saves quite a bit of money on flights.

I don't think she understands the concept of even though it's fine in Ottawa right now it's not that way in Syracuse.

dont recall the last time a forecast had 100% chance of snow for over 30hrs.. even at half inch rates that 15 inches and its gonna have extended periods way more than that.. with 30MpH wins for some periods as well.

We're about 25 miles southeast of Albany. Maybe 8" so far so it is time for my first pass of shovel and snowblower. We are expecting 24 to 30 inches here so I anticipate getting a pretty good workout today.

One of my workers is flying out of Syracuse at 10:00 tonight. Driving in from Ottawa (3 hour drive) -- not uncommon saves quite a bit of money on flights.

I don't think she understands the concept of even though it's fine in Ottawa right now it's not that way in Syracuse.
if she makes it to SYR not flying anywhere til thursday

I gotta run to the store and buy bread and milk!

Just kidding.

Never understood why people do that. Are people really eating that much bread and drinking that much milk?
ask the people in rochester if they wished that had bought bread and milk after having no power for 3-4 days.. not much option for eating once the power goes out..

ask the people in rochester if they wished that had bought bread and milk after having no power for 3-4 days.. not much option for eating once the power goes out..

How do you keep milk cold? Makes no sense to buy milk. Never understood that.

All good points. I still think it makes no sense. Of all the stuff you would want to have if you're stranded for days at home... milk?

I drove from Oneonta to the Albany airport and back in the No. 2 storm on that list. I think my fingerprints are still in the steering wheel.

Holy hell, man. I hate driving anywhere near Oneonta on a sunny summer day, especially when there's a big truck behind you on one of those steep no-pass hills, and you have to fly down it at 75 or 80 to keep from getting rammed.

if ESPN isnt in place Cuomo just banned tractor trailer traffic on highways

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom