So are we back to a rebuild project? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So are we back to a rebuild project?

Why do people have such a morbid fascination with declaring things over? The game, the season...it's friggin' narcissistic. You guys just want to feel like big men who told everyone we suck, it's over, etc.

So weird.

Maybe we'll just play the last 8 games on the schedule and see what happens?

I never felt like this strongly about how bad we were during the Marrone tenure and we were pretty bad at times then. I always thought we were moving upwards despite how ugly and frustrating it was at times. I almost always came to the defense of especially Hackett because I felt like I could see what he wanted to do and we just didn't have the talent to do it.

We have taken a huge step backwards right now. I thought we were slowly working our ways towards having a respectable team that was exciting to watch. This team has not been exciting to watch in any game except CMU. We have looked outclassed in so many ways so far this year. There is no feeling that things are turning around this season.

I truly hope I'm wrong and if I'm drastically wrong, as I always do, I will come on here and own up to it.

Where did I say that exactly? I have said I think we beat Pitt. I think we beat wake. I'm 50/50 on duke. I will go with 4 wins.
4 wins? Holy moly. Well I know that you hope you're dead wrong so we're good. I think we'll be ok

Oh I hope I'm dead wrong...but come on...were a fake fg against NOVA from being 1-3...
actually a missed chippy at the end of regulation, but yeah I get your point

Feels that way if we want to compete on a regular basis. We took a serious step backwards this year somehow. There is no game left this year that is a definite win. It feels like we have moved backwards and not sure how next year we are significantly better.
playing better teams means tougher to win but being more competitive = moving in the right direction

Which ones exactly? Ville in the dome? BC-Pitt on the road? Come on.

we will be favored over nc state and wake and 1 other game. Louisville will be a pickem

I look overall. BC can play. Pitt beat BC. NC st is good. Ville is up and down but certainly enought to beat cuse. Our win there will be Pitt.
nc state isn't good there qb is but there d is not

I disagree. Did you see what NCST did with FSU today? We lose that game by 30+ in the dome.

BC has proven it can win a signature game with USC

Pitt will likely beat us flat out. It may be a closer game but I don't believe we win.

L'ville - meh, too little too late.
Wow, really? A team we beat handily at their field last year is beat us by 30+ at home? Why? Becausee they have one player on their team?

Newsflash ND is playing as well as FSU is right now.

You people are ridiculous.

nds defense is pretty good

Exactly and their D manhandled our O. Nobody is saying that we should have beaten ND but when ND tries to give us the game and we keep saying, "no thank you", that's a problem.

At one point in the game we caused 4 ND TO's and had 3 points!!!

We shouldn't have won this game but the game should have been competitive and it wasn't.

Come on, really? We made ND look good tonight. Crappy teams make good teams look amazing and that's what we did.

ND is 8th in the country and we’re not getting steamrolled.

We didn't get steamrolled but we played the entire 2nd half this week, just like last week, where SU didn't threaten the opponent once in the 2nd half .The game was never in doubt from the early 3rd quarter on this week vs ND . It got to 21-3 early in the 3rd and the game was over. For two weeks now SU has played an entire second half of football where the outcome of the game was never in doubt once.

Xanadu said:

I'd say from the games Ive watched they're playing better.

We're 2-2 and are losing to a top 10 team.

Get off the ledge.
True. But in 3 of the 4 games this year SU has looked like garbage. And SU was lucky, yes lucky, to beat Nova. Less about the record and more about the eyeball test. In 3 of the 4 games this year SU has played poor to bad

I look overall. BC can play. Pitt beat BC. NC st is good. Ville is up and down but certainly enought to beat cuse. Our win there will be Pitt.

Pitt lost at home to Akron. BC lost to Colorado St. NC St was outscored 49-17 after the 1st quarter. We can beat all of those teams.

SU can beat every team on their schedule except for FSU unless a plethora of things go right for SU and wrong for FSU. Clemson in Clemson is going to be tough as hell and I don't think our DB's can stay with their speed but I'd love to see what SU could do if they punch them in the mouth hard right in the beginning and take an early lead. Still...quite the mountain to climb but the rest of the schedule is winnable and losable depending on execution and breaks.

SmilinBob said:
SU can beat every team on their schedule except for FSU unless a plethora of things go right for SU and wrong for FSU. Clemson in Clemson is going to be tough as hell and I don't think our DB's can stay with their speed but I'd love to see what SU could do if they punch them in the mouth hard right in the beginning and take an early lead. Still...quite the mountain to climb but the rest of the schedule is winnable and losable depending on execution and breaks.

Agreed. In the beginning of the season, most said FSU and Clemson would be well out of reach. ND was a close third.

All the other teams are peer programs and winnable.

I will also say: our D harassed a very good QB into some very bad decisions. That needs to continue in all of our games.

Pitt lost at home to Akron. BC lost to Colorado St. NC St was outscored 49-17 after the 1st quarter. We can beat all of those teams.
Sure we "can" beat anyone on a given night. I'm talking more about the expectation. I'm less worried about those teams losses and focusing more on the fact that they have wins they can hang hat on. We really don't. NC state is probably closest in that regard but they worry me because they score.

Sure we "can" beat anyone on a given night. I'm talking more about the expectation. I'm less worried about those teams losses and focusing more on the fact that they have wins they can hang hat on. We really don't. NC state is probably closest in that regard but they worry me because they score.
Now you're sounding more like normal AZ. Good post. Completely correct we can't hang our hats on a single win but of course we're going to win some. That's how coin flips work

I will also say: our D harassed a very good QB into some very bad decisions. That needs to continue in all of our games.

This was encouraging. I expected this group to generate turnovers; last night was the first time we scratched that potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom