So are we back to a rebuild project? | Syracusefan.com

So are we back to a rebuild project?

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
Feels that way if we want to compete on a regular basis. We took a serious step backwards this year somehow. There is no game left this year that is a definite win. It feels like we have moved backwards and not sure how next year we are significantly better.

Feels that way if we want to compete on a regular basis. We took a serious step backwards this year somehow. There is no game left this year that is a definite win. It feels like we have moved backwards and not sure how next year we are significantly better.
Agree with this, 6 wins would be a miracle at this point.

ND is 8th in the country and we’re not getting steamrolled. We also shot ourselves in the foot over and over again against a team that is now 4-1. Can’t we build off this?

Nah, we just haven't really progressed from mediocre yet. Need more talent

Guessing maybe 4 wins...will be interesting to see, assuming we continue to crap the bed this year, if Shafer can make the tough hiring/firing decisions, or just goes down with the ship

When did they rise above? Did you see the teams without a top 25 appearance list?

We've shot 10 bullets into our feet tonight. Almost impossible to recover.

ND is 8th in the country and we’re not getting steamrolled. We also shot ourselves in the foot over and over again against a team that is now 4-1. Can’t we build off this?
how are we not getting steamrolled? we had 3 turnovers go our way and we have 3 points. it's a mess.

The tale of two QB's... One that can't throw a reception, and one that can't miss

I don't expect to beat any 8th ranked team in the country but everything has gone our way in this game to be competitive... and we aren't. We should have lost to Villanova. We looked terrible in all facets of the game against Maryland. We are a really bad team right now.

I thought we were going to build off "this" after the Villanova game. We didn't.

CMU doesn't count, clearly based on the product in the other 3 games.

I don't expect to beat any 8th ranked team in the country but everything has gone our way in this game to be competitive... and we aren't. We should have lost to Villanova. We looked terrible in all facets of the game against Maryland. We are a really bad team right now.

I thought we were going to build off "this" after the Villanova game. We didn't.

CMU doesn't count, clearly based on the product in the other 3 games.
Other than wake, who do we have even a chance of beating?

Stop it. We are now solid with our peer group. Teams like B.C., Pitt., maryland, N.c state, we can beat on a regular basis. We couldn't say that 7 years ago. Wew just can't compete with top 25 teams now.

Stop it. We are now solid with our peer group. Teams like B.C., Pitt., maryland, N.c state, we can beat on a regular basis. We couldn't say that 7 years ago. Wew just can't compete with top 25 teams now.

What? You can't be serious. I'm not going extremes here. This team is really bad. This has nothing to do with just this game. We are not solid with those teams. We might beat some of them but they are all better than us. Maryland proved that last week.

What? You can't be serious. I'm not going extremes here. This team is really bad. This has nothing to do with just this game. We are not solid with those teams. We might beat some of them but they are all better than us. Maryland proved that last week.
yeah and we beat Maryland 5 straight before last week. Those schools are not better than us. We are in the same group. It's not as bad as it seems.

Other than wake, who do we have even a chance of beating?

:( I don't know. I won't be surprised if we beat Pitt or BC but it's not a sure thing. We proved that last year that none of those games are a sure thing and I think we were better last year.

I hope some of you guys can rag on me when this game ends. And tell me I'm a complete idiot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom