So, At What Point do They Redshirt Raymon? | Syracusefan.com

So, At What Point do They Redshirt Raymon?

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
It's now Thursday. Unlikely that anything will be heard this week. So, it will be 4 games into the season. Maybe it makes sense to redshirt now?

There is still two full day's yet. I hope the word comes by Friday noon. I do have a hard time understanding why these issues/requests with Syracuse seem to take for ever.

If we can unleash him for the entirety of the Big East schedule (assuming he's in shape), I do that instead of redshirting him.

He already redshirted . If he's ruled out he's in the same boat as quinta

unless they can find an injury from year one from iowa and another this year, you take whatever you can get from him. if he can play and its game 7-8 i still think its worth it with3 years left.

It's now Thursday. Unlikely that anything will be heard this week. So, it will be 4 games into the season. Maybe it makes sense to redshirt now?

You play whoever can help, period.

Unless a kid truly isn't ready or you are three deep, play the player.

Didn't Tomcat say that the school expects to know on Thursday? Like tomorrow Thursday?

The Supreme court decides faster than the NCAA. You would think that something like this would be pretty simple.

He already redshirted . If he's ruled out he's in the same boat as quinta
Yes, I thought this was the case. Play him regardless if it goes in his favor. Loses a year if not.

W
Yes, I thought this was the case. Play him regardless if it goes in his favor. Loses a year if not.
Well, then you might have played an ineligable player: forfeit.

No. TC said thursady. And I believe it is still weds. But I could be wrong. I have been busy laughing at UConn all day.

Tom heard Tuesday. I had guessed Thursday with absolutely no knowledge or sources, only because of the article last week saying the NCAA would rule this week.

Obviously they are too busy though. After all, the weather has been perfect for golf in most locations this week.

W
Well, then you might have played an ineligable player: forfeit.

How so? If the NCAA rules he's eligible, you play him the remainder of the season because he loses a year of playing eligibilty otherwise (ie, he can't redshirt this season, he already did at Iowa). If they rule against him its moot. He can't play this year and he can't redshirt.

Tom heard Tuesday. I had guessed Thursday with absolutely no knowledge or sources, only because of the article last week saying the NCAA would rule this week.

Obviously they are too busy though. After all, the weather has been perfect for golf in most locations this week.

Coming up with reasons to not investigate Duke basketball.

Well, today was the day, right? I doubt the NCAA works after 5pm, so if we don't have an answer right now, I question if they'd make the decision the day before a game.

It was DM himself who said on Monday that the NCAA had told him there would be a decision on Tuesday. I bet the SU staff is extremely frustrated with the situation right now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom