So Babers is sold on Shrader? | Syracusefan.com

So Babers is sold on Shrader?

I think they have to throw slants and use the tight ends to go along with the swing passes and the screens. Forget the long ball. He isn't even close on those.

Typically, even weak armed college qbs can throw the deep ball.. it’s the tight window, intermediate, zone beater throws that they struggle with due to lack of velocity.

I’d def go with more RB screens, WR screens, a few deep shots and figure out some way to run some slant/curl/drag routes into the middle of the field.

Just got home and haven’t really read anything…
Was DeVito dressed? I didn’t see him even tossing the balls with the qbs.

Just got home and haven’t really read anything…
Was DeVito dressed? I didn’t see him even tossing the balls with the qbs.
He was in full uniform.

I said the arm strength was worse.
But his command of the offense was better.
We won. He keeps the job.
Yup. Of course. I agree I will say, though I believe the worst decision Dino has made in SIX Years was starting GS tonight and we still won. He literally went with a worse QB and it BLOWS my mind. Like speechless type stuff and I’m not even a Tommy fan!!

Shraders run to score and his run to set up the field goal were winning plays.
His control on a half dozen poor snaps was critical. The kid beat a very good Football team. He won. Hes going to continue to get better . Hes a leader

Yes, until Justin Lamson is ready.
It’s funny you should mention him. I watched him warm up pretty closely because I hadn’t seen him live. His throwing motion reminds me a lot of …….Garrett Shrader. So take that what you will.

He’s worse than you thought but let’s roll with it!! This board is nuts
I’m not trying to start an argument and Tommy isn’t a hill I want to die on but unless you just really don’t want Tommy to start or are just blindly optimistic in Shrader I don’t know how you come away from the first four weeks thinking he’s the clear cut starting qb.

He played fine tonight and didn’t make any mistakes that cost us the game but I’m not sure how many ACC games we can win if that’s the extent of our offense.

Schrader is definitely QB1. He compliments our run game and our D is going to start getting national attention. Things are looking up.

Yup. Of course. I agree I will say, though I believe the worst decision Dino has made in SIX Years was starting GS tonight and we still won. He literally went with a worse QB and it BLOWS my mind. Like speechless type stuff and I’m not even a Tommy fan!!
What’s our record with Tommy starting though? Good wins against UNC and FSU in 2018(not starts but I’ll give it to him), GT last year, and Duke in 2019 when he went like 6-15.

He’s literally thrown us to a win ONCE in his career - against UNC. People act like he’s some Brett Favre gunslinger. Two of his only wins was handing the ball off, and game managing. The hell are we even clinging to with him at this point?

He hasnt been able to hit a deep pass in any of his games. He often isnt even close. He easily could have been picked 4 times if Liberty had a better D. Teams will just start loading the box against him and undercut anything he attempts to throw beyond 10 yards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom