So Babers is sold on Shrader? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So Babers is sold on Shrader?

We’ve been through this. We all have PTSD and are unwilling to let Tommy be better than the Tommy we’ve all determined he is. I’ve struggled with this as well. We’re all doing the whole “we know he sucks, he’s proven it”. Whereas I think he’s incrementally Better this year. He’ll never be a stud.

if GS stays in I hope he’s amazing. Would love it. I’m just a knucklehead message board guy. I have no idea. Lol

I think we settle for 3 on both of those GS TD runs if Tommy is in there. And we lose.

You missed the game if you didn't see the positive plays Shrader made. Tommy would have wilted under pressure. How the F do we win by 21 with Tommy? We didn't leave 21 points on the field.
I believe we would’ve had one or two….wait for it….touchdown passes. That’s just me. I hope GS rolls FSU by the way. I’ll also say if Dino decided to go with GS I’ll defer to a 30 year coach over me. Lol

We’ve been through this. We all have PTSD and are unwilling to let Tommy be better than the Tommy we’ve all determined he is. I’ve struggled with this as well. We’re all doing the whole “we know he sucks, he’s proven it”. Whereas I think he’s incrementally Better this year. He’ll never be a stud.

if GS stays in I hope he’s amazing. Would love it. I’m just a knucklehead message board guy. I have no idea. Lol
For the most part against Rutgers he stunk. He had a couple of nice throws that Shrader doesn't make. Outside of that he managed the game for 2.5 Qs. The last 1.5 Qs he was the old Tommy.

Shraders run to score and his run to set up the field goal were winning plays.
His control on a half dozen poor snaps was critical. The kid beat a very good Football team. He won. Hes going to continue to get better . Hes a leader
Agree.
We won against a good football team. Yes tucker was awesome but a good running qb keeps the D honest and helps Tucker.
There were multiple bad snaps that hurt the offense but instead of taking repeated sacks he made something positive on most snaps.
His first couple of deep throws were poor. His last two throws were good. Announcers commented throw to Alford was were only his receiver could make the play Alford just did not come down with the pass. The pass to Johnson was good but he let the defender push him out of bounds.
Our wr blocking on some screen passes in the second half was bad.
Was GS perfect tonight? No. But he did do enough to be successful. After losing so many games over the last two years I will take a win over a good team.

I hope GS kills it vs. FSU. I just see it differently. I think we win by 21 tonight with TD. He would’ve placed the ball in tuckers belly the same amount and actually complete some downfield passes. Can you imagine? Lol
Like vs Rutgers where Tommy played the majority of the game? Did Tommy throw it all over the field and we win by 21?

I believe we would’ve had one or two….wait for it….touchdown passes. That’s just me. I hope GS rolls FSU by the way. I’ll also say if Dino decided to go with GS I’ll defer to a 30 year coach over me. Lol
Sort of like the Rutgers games where TD was slinging the ball all over the place for multiple touchdowns ?

Schrader is definitely QB1. He compliments our run game and our D is going to start getting national attention. Things are looking up.

I want to be optimistic, but he's got to throw the ball a whole lot better than that if we are planning to win literally any more games this season.

I’m not trying to start an argument and Tommy isn’t a hill I want to die on but unless you just really don’t want Tommy to start or are just blindly optimistic in Shrader I don’t know how you come away from the first four weeks thinking he’s the clear cut starting qb.

He played fine tonight and didn’t make any mistakes that cost us the game but I’m not sure how many ACC games we can win if that’s the extent of our offense.
It’s not even close to the extent of the offense but, as Babers said, that’s the O you use to beat this particular team. You’ll all see Shrader get better and better in the throwing motions as he gets more reps and experience.

All you Shrader naysayers just take it like a man and lay off the overly negative takes. As I said 100x here, kids a gamer and will put you in position to at the very least compete and tonight win a game in large part to a competent enough O and an emerging upper echelon D. Tonight’s that doesn’t happen with TD.

Watch and enjoy as this kid improves week to week when, for Gods sake, they’ll let him sling it more when it calls for it. We have a qb, one who ain’t perfect but can lead you to success. Enjoy the ride O nation.

Agree.
We won against a good football team. Yes tucker was awesome but a good running qb keeps the D honest and helps Tucker.
There were multiple bad snaps that hurt the offense but instead of taking repeated sacks he made something positive on most snaps.
His first couple of deep throws were poor. His last two throws were good. Announcers commented throw to Alford was were only his receiver could make the play Alford just did not come down with the pass. The pass to Johnson was good but he let the defender push him out of bounds.
Was GS perfect tonight? No. But he did do enough to be successful. After losing so many games over the last two years I will take a win over a good team.
Yeah. We’ve won games and gone to bowls with defense, running game and RJ Anderson/Terrell Hunt before.

It’s looking like that’s our best chance this year.

Im open to something else next year, but feeling like from what I’ve seen this year Shrader gives us the best chance to go bowling.

Where were these TD passes from Tommy vs Ohio or Rutgers?
they were rushing td's against ohio and our only score from tucker was thanks to long pass from TD

He went with the worse down field passer. There is more to being a QB than down field passing. It boggles my mind so many people don't get this.

This team cannot overcome negative plays. Shrader is less likely to hit a big play, but those happen maybe 1-2 times a game. He is MUCH less likely to have a negative play than Tommy.

Outside of the deep sideline passes which hit once a game what does Tommy even do half way decently?

Shrader is the better runner. He has more poise in the pocket. He can hit the short passes fine. If he is doing his job and the OL is not committing penalties, we will not need to pass it down the field. I rather have Tommy on 3rd and 7, but I rather have 3rd and 3 with Shrader than 3rd and 7 in the 1st place.

Shrader is not an NFL prospect and is flawed but he gives us the best chance at 6 Ws. Just like RJ and Hunt did.
Afrigginmen!!

It’s not even close to the extent of the offense but, as Babers said, that’s the O you use to beat this particular team. You’ll all see Shrader get better and better in the throwing motions as he gets more reps and experience.

All you Shrader naysayers just take it like a man and lay off the overly negative takes. As I said 100x here, kids a gamer and will put you in position to at the very least compete and tonight win. Tonight’s that doesn’t happen with TD.

Watch and enjoy as this kid improves week to week when, for Gods sake, they’ll let him sling it more when it calls for it. We have a qb, one who ain’t perfect but can lead you to success. Enjoy the ride O nation.
He was a 57 percent passer at MSU who got moved to WR because he didnt fit a throwing scheme. He isnt some guy who is going to develop into throwing 65 percent and 300 yards. Anyway the game could have easily been lost even with him in. We did almost nothing offensively in the second half besides tucker really. Most of the shredder "naysayers" are simply saying he isnt a clear cut QB1. Just because you want dungey to come back on the field doesnt mean any QB who can run is him.

For the most part against Rutgers he stunk. He had a couple of nice throws that Shrader doesn't make. Outside of that he managed the game for 2.5 Qs. The last 1.5 Qs he was the old Tommy.
I just want to win. I respect your analysis for many years and if you’re that adamant that GS is the guy I’m willing to revisit my thoughts. You are way more skilled at X’s and O’s Time for some sleep. Great win.

Yup. Of course. I agree I will say, though I believe the worst decision Dino has made in SIX Years was starting GS tonight and we still won. He literally went with a worse QB and it BLOWS my mind. Like speechless type stuff and I’m not even a Tommy fan!!
Completely abandoned the passing game. Can't figure it out. Tucker is awesome. Thats no question.

Good for a win tonight. Woot!

Fell apart when Liberty adjusted. Can't imagine a team that watched this film not prepared to stop it.

Let FSU prepare for a 1 dimensional run only offense. And then give me TD so we can light them up in the air.

Agree.
Yep and when I watch the replay I will confirm this, but being there on the first pass it would’ve been right on the money if liberty did not illegally hit Alford halfway into his pattern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom