So... Did Benny end up going to practice? | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

So... Did Benny end up going to practice?

Was tonight Benny's last game? He checked out in every way at the under 8 TO. Was sitting a few rows behind the bench and it was sad to see.
Benny was on the bench sitting between Hima and Copeland all the way to the end of the game. He is not as emotional as Copeland but he clapped for every good play and jumped up once or twice.

Benny was on the bench sitting between Hima and Copeland all the way to the end of the game. He is not as emotional as Copeland but he clapped for every good play and jumped up once or twice.

He also was smiling in the lockeroom post game.

28EE063D-31D1-4F5E-8761-86B003909C07.jpeg

Was tonight Benny's last game? He checked out in every way at the under 8 TO. Was sitting a few rows behind the bench and it was sad to see.
Ya just can’t tell what’s going on inside someone’s head from a screen

There was a lot noticeably going on that you couldn't see on screen. The whole group I was sitting with saw the same.

You can actually, do that and his"personal reason" absence. Because I deal with this as well I can spot the signs... I believe he is dealing with stress and anxiety that may be debilitating in some form for him. Sports performance anxiety affects many people, they just don't normally make it to Benny's spot because of it. Hopefully, he is getting the help he needs., meds and otherwise

He was put in in a bad situation (not an excuse).
Had a great bucket, where he looked composed, athletic, and highly skilled.
A short time later, a player sneaks through his area of the zone and he gets dunked on.
I am not sure what he did, but assume he creeped up too high and out of his area and his man sneaked underneath.
JB benched & berated him, which is his style (for some players).

And, that was it.

Other players make mistakes and do not get benched.

Before he was seemingly working through this.

But, it seems like the camel's back broke last night.

Sucks to see, because he looked good and I was thinking 'OK, he is going to have a positive influence on the game'.

JB has gone iron man, and JT, Benny, and others are the victims of that.

There was a lot noticeably going on that you couldn't see on screen. The whole group I was sitting with saw the same.

Could you describe said goings-on that you witnessed?

Perhaps they were all nervous, much like us

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom