So do you find yourself rooting for the underdog? | Syracusefan.com

So do you find yourself rooting for the underdog?

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
For example, Minnesota vs Louisville. Do you stick with your pick (assuming you picked Louisville) or do you want to see upsets. Also, for anyone not named Kaiser, do you root for ACC teams or does it not come into play when you are watching.

I root for the team that wins me money.

I'll root for huge underdogs (13+ seeds) if the favorite losing doesn't destroy my bracket.

Rooting order

1. Cuse & how it might effect Cuse
2. UConn to lose (lol, as if)
3. Georgetown to lose (lol, as if)
4. Duke to lose
5. Kentucky to lose
6. UNC to lose
7. A close, dramatic game that showcases star players

That’s it, that’s the list.

I have no clue why anyone roots for a team in our conference. them. The better they do, the worse it is for us in the long term. Hope everyone of them loses as quickly as possible.

I have no clue why anyone roots for a team in our conference. them. The better they do, the worse it is for us in the long term. Hope everyone of them loses as quickly as possible.
Why? We're Syracuse... we shouldn't be worried about that. Also, the better MCBB/CFB do, the better it is for our ACC Network and conference brand.

IMO

As far as brackets vs upsets I do a little bit of both. It depends on how big the upset would be and how close I am to the money.

Every ACC win in the tourney is more $$ for Syracuse.
The better the ACC brands are, the more $ for the ACC Network = more $ for Syracuse.
The better the ACC brands are, the bigger are are our games with them = more fun.

Why? We're Syracuse... we shouldn't be worried about that. Also, the better MCBB/CFB do, the better it is for our ACC Network and conference brand.

IMO

We can worry about our conference brand when we figure out how to get out of the 2nd tier of it. Until then, I want the teams above us to crap the bed.

Love to see the B1G lose. Rather see Minnesota lose to Fairleigh Dickinson than the Ville, however.

IMO

What Duke does is good for Duke and that is it. This year above all proved that.

What Duke does is good for Duke and that is it. This year above all proved that.
We don’t really recruit on a Duke/UNC level. We don’t recruit the same guys as Virginia. I guess Louisville is someone we could go up against for guys, but that’s about it as far as I can tell.

I'm a sucker for the underdog. More like a 13-16 knocking out a 1-4. I don't consider anything closer an upset and will go with the bracket. And of course Cuse always comes first

i don't have a hard & fast rule, other than seeing the best teams in our part of the bracket taken out by lesser teams
e.g., i am definitely rooting for vermont to take out fsu

Only when there are teams on our side of the bracket that would make it difficult for SU. The Final Four year with MTSU knocking out Michigan State was huge for Cuse.

Because we want to be in the best conference in the country, and when we beat a top tier ACC team, it really means something. ACC won’t be top tier unless they win a lot of games; ergo, I root for them to win.

I wish we were back in the Big East but I have to live in the new reality.

Even though it’s our region I won’t root for Vermont.
That loser Tom Brennan makes our loss to them appear like it’s a 16 over 1 when it wasn’t even the biggest upset the night we lost to them.

Every ACC win in the tourney is more $$ for Syracuse.
The better the ACC brands are, the more $ for the ACC Network = more $ for Syracuse.
The better the ACC brands are, the bigger are are our games with them = more fun.

I was trying to recall how the ACC distributes revenue from the NCAA as a result of the tournament. I believe (but have no basis for the belief) that it is similar to how bowl revenues are distributed. Each school gets a percentage and the school that actually played in the game gets a little extra to cover expenses. As the conference share of the NCAA revenue increases based on how far into the tournament each of its schools play, there is a monetary benefit to SU. So as you point out, each ACC win means more money to be distributed to all of the conference schools.