So do you find yourself rooting for the underdog? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So do you find yourself rooting for the underdog?

For example, Minnesota vs Louisville. Do you stick with your pick (assuming you picked Louisville) or do you want to see upsets. Also, for anyone not named Kaiser, do you root for ACC teams or does it not come into play when you are watching.
I root for teams in the conference except duke and N.C. then it’s almost always the underdog. Though I seem to cheer for Villanova. I don’t bet so no money wasted, except for my brackets and they are really for fun.

takes all the pressure off winning.

tumblr_mk1oizGBmt1r0l2ato1_500.png

With Syracuse out, I want to change my answer. I want to see it all burn with Wisconsin rising from the ashes as the national champion.

Seriously though, well I guess that was serious because I do want to see the Badgers win it all, my rooting interests are fluid, but will largely follow these guidelines:

1. Rooting for B1G/ACC teams (with some exceptions below);
2. Rooting against what I perceive as dirty teams - Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, Baylor, the entire SEC (except Florida, which I have always kind of liked); and
3. Rooting for underdogs.

I will be attending my fourth Final Four this year. Of the previous three, I have seen Duke win twice. I do not need to see them or their man-child at the Final Four again. Understanding that realistically, it is unlikely that Wisconsin will make it to the Final Four or win it, I would love to see my bracket wrong (North Carolina) and see Virginia win it all.