So does this count as an away game? | Syracusefan.com

So does this count as an away game?

SUintheVille

Former 'Blue Light Special' Announcer
Maybe not, the aircraft carrier isn't SDSU's home. The pundits will still be yapping.

Where's that Heath Ledger Joker face?

This is a facetious question, yes? I mean, of course it isn't an away game, just like an NCAA tournament game in Salt Lake City isn't an away game.

It was on the ocean > all oceanic bodies of water connect in some way > New York State touches an ocean = Not an away game for Syracuse ;)

As bad as SDSU was (is?), that's still going to be an important W.

I heard more crowd chants for SU than SDSU...therefore, it's definitely a home game. :cool:

Maybe not, the aircraft carrier isn't SDSU's home. The pundits will still be yapping.
Considered a neutral site game--although I think Pomeroy has come up with a different designation that splits the difference between neutral and away. "Semi-away" maybe.

The wind conditions made it a joke. But come Selection Sunday this win will look real nice on the resume.

What really stinks about this is that commentators will still be able to legitimately say, "SU hasn't played a game in a state outside of New York yet this year." :( Cue Dickie V's cupcake city schedule along with the above line sometime soon.

What really stinks about this is that commentators will still be able to legitimately say, "SU hasn't played a game in a state outside of New York yet this year." :( Cue Dickie V's cupcake city schedule along with the above line sometime soon.

I'm not sure I follow. Yesterday wasn't a road game, but it sure was outside the state of New York.

I'm not sure I follow. Yesterday wasn't a road game, but it sure was outside the state of New York.
Technically is was played on a ship in water and not on land -therefore it could not have been played in a state - therefore the first game played on the continental US will be in NY

Game was recheduled due to bad weather. Syracuse has bad weather. Must be a home game for Syracuse. Right?

Stop. Just stop.
We have the functionality to ignore specific posters, so surely there must be a way to block these crappy threads.

Technically is was played on a ship in water and not on land -therefore it could not have been played in a state - therefore the first game played on the continental US will be in NY

Gotcha. Is the ship seaworthy? I've got to think it's technically not on the water, per se; it really is on land. Could be wrong, of course.

It's the newest "Woe is me, we are a victim of the media perception" cry from people. Nunes started it up around the beginning of last year and it has spread like wildfire.

The tounge in cheek justifications for why every game we play is a home game is probably the worst Syracusefan development in the last ten years.

Well maybe second, next to people preferring thread view.

The tounge in cheek justifications for why every game we play is a home game is probably the worst Syracusefan development in the last ten years.

Well maybe second, next to people preferring thread view.

Just answer me this: since syracuse plays its home games in the united states on a basketball court, and yesterdays game was played in the united states on a basketball court, does it count as a syracuse home game?

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Really?

The game was played in the State of California.

Ocean water is part of that state out 3 miles from shore.

Really?

The game was played in the State of California.

Ocean water is part of that state out 3 miles from shore.

Me thinks the federal government might have a bone to pick with you about whether or not the U.S. Midway is part of the state of California, at the very least, from a jurisdictional point of view.

Me thinks the federal government might have a bone to pick with you about whether or not the U.S. Midway is part of the state of California, at the very least, from a jurisdictional point of view.

NCIS might have jurisdiction over any crime committed, but it is a 20-year moored and decommissioned vessel that is actually a museum run by an NPO. I'd bet being on its deck is considered being in the State of California.

Kind of tough to research, and I would love if someone can prove that one way or the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom