So, Elijah Robinson? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So, Elijah Robinson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of cleanup to do. I'm sure the staff isn't happy. Room to improve

I did not see any blitzes, I was watching. We showed blitz a few times but never came.
In the first half.. Wax had roughly 3 blitzes.. not sure if they were designated "run" blitzes or not.. BUT they ran awya from it 3 times and he got taken out of the play and probably contributed for 40+ yards before halftime

There will be a whole lot of teaching points in the film room this week. We're going to find out quick what we have in this coaching staff by the response in next week's game.
The back 7 were terrible constantly out of position, overran plays. Got faked out many times, didn't wrap up on tackles, instead went for big hits and missed.
McCord was good, and so we're the receivers. Allen is a good pass catcher, but only an OK runner, lacks that breakaway speed, and isn't big enough to run through people.
Trying a pitchout with him didn't go anywhere.
The passing game was great, but hopefully we can find a running game.

The troubling part was the horrid tackling across the board.i am worried that does get fixed quickly. It didn't seem like scheme.

I didn't think any level loked good. I expected a really strong secondary but didn't look good.

Of course he can coach. But he’s in a new role right? There’s a learning curve. Let’s hope he and the D scale it quickly.

Cuz today was lousy.
Exactly. Not every D line coach is cut out to be a coordinator.

Did Isiah Hastings play at all? Didn’t notice him once. Jobity and Tank were starting DTs. Don’t see Hastings in box score.

Elijah gets a pass in my book.

Their rb was legit and its the first game for a new coach. The pads were popping and we looked energized. My concern is the interior DL seemed to get no push until mid way through the second half. I think we’ll be fine though.

Elijah gets a pass in my book.

Their rb was legit and its the first game for a new coach. The pads were popping and we looked energized. My concern is the interior DL seemed to get no push until mid way through the second half. I think we’ll be fine though.
I really, really want you to be right.

All the missed tackles and inability to contain the edge seemed beyond bad.

But LQA was over 6 a carry.
He was, and the offense looked pretty good, especially through the air. But AT3 averaged almost 13 per carry, including a couple long runs. He gashed us for 200+ and made us look pretty silly trying to stop him. Navaro also had a lot of time to throw -- our pass rush was feeble outside of FD. and we had no answer for Owen (10 rec. 120+). Happy to get the W and work through some growing pains. But there is a ton of work to do on D to be competitive against GT next week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors