So, Elijah Robinson? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So, Elijah Robinson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really want you to be right.

All the missed tackles and inability to contain the edge seemed beyond bad.
Those two things are important, but they are also things that can be fixed with coaching in practice.

What you can't fix is being too small or too slow, and recruiting fixed that in the winter.

He was, and the offense looked pretty good, especially through the air. But AT3 averaged almost 13 per carry, including a couple long runs. He gashed us for 200+ and made us look pretty silly trying to stop him. Navaro also had a lot of time to throw -- our pass rush was feeble outside of FD. Happy to get the W and work through some growing pains. But there is a ton of work to do on D to be competitive against GT next week.
You beat me to this. Fran mentioned in the presser that we have to stop the run! Tackles were half -assed and instead of getting their bodies and pads they were out of position and couldn't tackle Tyus
who 0.2 YNdeeR mentioned ripped us for 203 YDS and 2 TDS. The edge control wasn't there even though they ran that same play again and again. Fran is a very in your face if you messed up as a coach. I don't know who the coach was but Fran was really upset and let the coach know it big time. On camera the entire time not long after Marlowe was hurt I believe.

Going for the TD from a half yard out after not making it 3 times was a message to Ohio that you aren't going to keep us out and instead of going up the gut Pena zipped through untouched.

Id say the first half the penalties were soft and Barron really was only guilty party

Fourth quarter they got out of hand

And Barron got worse. Just a bad game all around for him

MacDonald got abused in Q1

Duce struggled for a stretch

Diggs took a while to get going but did
I think Mcdonald doesnt get off blocks well at all. He needs to be dippin and rippin instead of shoulder to shoulder. He also doesnt come downhill hard enough either.

In the first half.. Wax had roughly 3 blitzes.. not sure if they were designated "run" blitzes or not.. BUT they ran awya from it 3 times and he got taken out of the play and probably contributed for 40+ yards before halftime
No he just comes down hill harder than the rest.

Of course he can coach. But he’s in a new role right? There’s a learning curve. Let’s hope he and the D scale it quickly.

Cuz today was lousy.
What new role? He’s been a DC and an interim HC

Didn’t Wax get hurt blitzing?
Probably. There definitely was some blitzes that I probably missed. I was focused on the secondary a lot because I thought that would be our weak spot. Point remains, the defense really played almost all base with little to no wrinkles.

We gave up 22 points to a mediocre MAC team who was helped consistently by the Refs. Tackling. Gap control and positional discipline need to considerably improve or GT could get out of hand.
I’m not so sure they’re mediocre, man. They’ve been pretty good and yeah they lost a lot, but I do think they will run on teams in the mac.

Probably. There definitely was some blitzes that I probably missed. I was focused on the secondary a lot because I thought that would be our weak spot. Point remains, the defense really played almost all base with little to no wrinkles.
He was in spy then rushed when the qb stepped up in the pocket. Wasn’t a called blitz.

That's adorable.

sarcastic willy wonka GIF
1725159678627.gif

Id say the first half the penalties were soft and Barron really was only guilty party

Fourth quarter they got out of hand

And Barron got worse. Just a bad game all around for him

MacDonald got abused in Q1

Duce struggled for a stretch

Diggs took a while to get going but did
Duce Barron and McDonald played poorly. I expect them all to pick it up but Duce worries me. He was beat often.

Lack of pash rush as usual, and we looked awful slow. Hopefully that’s getting used to a new scheme, but something didn’t feel right. I was most impressed with Watson. I think he plays more as the season goes on. Also, Barnes showed his age not containing giving up that long run. Just can’t have that. Think he will be good in pass pro, but let’s hope he doesn’t have to make too many tackles. Barron not only was a walking penalty, but he missed a couple tackles and lost contain as well. Lots of improvements to make in one week to stop GT on the ground. Let’s hope Heard played ahead of Sparrow because he’s better in pass pro, otherwise he looked kind of small, and not the best tackler. I always thought Sparrow performed and should be the back up, especially if we need help stopping the run.

Also, worried McCord is going to get hurt taking a beating like that. We finally have the playmakers we always wanted. Never been so stacked with OG, Peña, Zeed, LeQuint, etc, but now it looks like the defense is light years behind.

I wouldn’t judge him through one game. The Ohio RB was a P4 back. But still lots of work to do.

The Ohio RB doubled his TDs today from last year and almost totaled his yardage from last year in one game. He ran down our throat with his career best being 238 yards in a season.

Like years past we will need the DL to step up or it will be a long season if we can’t stuff the run.

Those two things are important, but they are also things that can be fixed with coaching in practice.

What you can't fix is being too small or too slow, and recruiting fixed that in the winter.
Our linebackers looked slow. Mikel jones is not walking through that door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom