So far, Drew Allen, who can't wait to get to the Carrier Dome, likes what he sees | Syracusefan.com

So far, Drew Allen, who can't wait to get to the Carrier Dome, likes what he sees

no way Bud wrote this...not one whiz-bang to describe Allen?

this has Bud's paw prints all over it:

"The Orange had only five home affairs last year and didn't crack much of an attendance egg..."

"But curiosity is a good thing. And a lot of people around here are curious about the new guy in town. The new football guy. The new quarterback."

The only thing we were missing was a reference to the "unwashed". Then I'd be sure it was Bud.

Unless it has at least one mention of ramrod, it's not genuine Bud.

Why did I open that excuse for an article? Oh I know I really want to know more about Drew Allen and what he has to say about the qb competition but unfortunately I didn't get and of that and I will never get those five minutes of my life back!

:bang:

Why did I open that excuse for an article? Oh I know I really want to know more about Drew Allen and what he has to say about the qb competition but unfortunately I didn't get and of that and I will never get those five minutes of my life back!

:bang:

Be prepared to speed read when you open one of those syracuse.com articles, friend. Otherwise be prepared to throw up or chug a quart of Alka-Seltzer! :bat:

Be prepared to speed read when you open one of those syracuse.com articles, friend. Otherwise be prepared to throw up or chug a quart of Alka-Seltzer! :bat:

I should have started drinking prior to opening it up :bang:

I have to hand it to the headline writer though he/she sucked me in and broke my string of three consecutive months without reading a Bud piece. Now I have to turn in my 90 day chip and start all over again

Just look for the figurative language and you will have found a cadenza composed by Opera Man.

I'll save you all from reading the article by quoting an excerpt:
Harriet. Harry-ette. Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis. Beautiful, bemuse-ed, bellicose butcher. Un-trust... ing. Un-know... ing. Un-love... ed? "He wants you back," he screamed into the night air like a fireman going to a window that has no fire... except the passion of his heart. I am lonely. It's really hard. This poem... sucks.

" He's the new guy in town. The new football guy, anyway. The new quarterback. And so a lot of folks are interested in Drew Allen, the 6-foot-5 import from the Oklahoma Sooners who has assumed the role, sort of, of hired gun for the Syracuse University Orange.
Turns out, though, he's just as intrigued with his new surroundings. With, as it happens, us."

Rick Reilly called. He wants his hacky opening paragraph back.

" He's the new guy in town. The new football guy, anyway. The new quarterback. And so a lot of folks are interested in Drew Allen, the 6-foot-5 import from the Oklahoma Sooners who has assumed the role, sort of, of hired gun for the Syracuse University Orange.
Turns out, though, he's just as intrigued with his new surroundings. With, as it happens, us."

I would pay good money to throw Rick Reilly through a window.

I was thinking something more along the lines of this for Bud
Ironing_big_medium.jpg

I'll save you all from reading the article by quoting an excerpt:
Thanks, your recap is probably much better than the original. And from appearance, much deeper than anything Bud has to say.

Holy commas.

I am appositive that there are far too many.