So happy camp opens today and we'll have SU football again | Syracusefan.com

So happy camp opens today and we'll have SU football again

RF2044

Living Legend
I enjoy baseball, but I feel like we've just emerged from the worst time of the sports year--after basketball concludes and there is no overlapping sport to supplement baseball.

Can't wait to see what Scott Shafer and his new staff are capable of!

Let's Go Orange!!!

I get hockey to hold me over until May/June. I know it's not a very popular sport but it's better than left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn....

That said I am extremely excited for the upcoming season. New conference, new HC, new QB...and while all of that may lead to some growing pains, it is still a very good time to be a SU fan. PSU game can't get here fast enough. Even watched Friday Night Lights yesterday as a way to wet the appetite.

I think we're on the upswing, but I have no idea with the new staff and new conference what to expect against the Nittany Sexual Predators. Gonna be fun.

I think we're on the upswing, but I have no idea with the new staff and new conference what to expect against the Nittany Sexual Predators. Gonna be fun.

Me neither--I'm pretty sure these guys can recruit, but I have no idea whether they can coach. Should be interesting!

First day of practice, huh? Did they decide on a QB yet? ;)

Me neither--I'm pretty sure these guys can recruit, but I have no idea whether they can coach. Should be interesting!

Like Ricky Bobby, I just hope they want to go fast.

Do we go 3-4 with questions on the d-line?

Really doubt we go 3-4. Will only have three down linemen in okie, which hopefully we will be in a good amount (ie its second and long or third down). I really like the okie blitz packages. The ends and their ability to get to the QB scare me a little bit. Maybe Welsh and Micah can channel their inner Freeney.

Really doubt we go 3-4. Will only have three down linemen in okie, which hopefully we will be in a good amount (ie its second and long or third down). I really like the okie blitz packages. The ends and their ability to get to the QB scare me a little bit. Maybe Welsh and Micah can channel their inner Freeney.
Whenever we ran the 3-4 on third down last season, I wanted to poke my eyes out with a fork. We gave the opposing quarterback about 17 seconds to look over the field and find an open receiver. I think it was a first down every time, literally. It was horrible.

Whenever we ran the 3-4 on third down last season, I wanted to poke my eyes out with a fork. We gave the opposing quarterback about 17 seconds to look over the field and find an open receiver. I think it was a first down every time, literally. It was horrible.

That was 2 years ago. Last season we did remarkably well on 3rd down defense.

"inner Freeney"--whoa! I like that--a lot!

I was daydreaming the other day that SU went to a triple option attack a la GA Tech with Broyld under center and taking advantage of our plentiful running backs. Now wouldn't that be something?

I was daydreaming the other day that SU went to a triple option attack a la GA Tech with Broyld under center and taking advantage of our plentiful running backs. Now wouldn't that be something?
re?

In todays college game is that really a drea or a nightmare?

I enjoy baseball, but I feel like we've just emerged from the worst time of the sports year--after basketball concludes and there is no overlapping sport to supplement baseball.

Can't wait to see what Scott Shafer and his new staff are capable of!

Let's Go Orange!!!

I can still taste the beer and feel the chill in my feet from Yankee Stadium at last year's Pinstripe Bowl ass-whooping of West Virginia.

The time for a new chapter of SU Football is here.

I was daydreaming the other day that SU went to a triple option attack a la GA Tech with Broyld under center and taking advantage of our plentiful running backs. Now wouldn't that b
ohbehave.jpg
e something?

We have a lot of athletes now.

Clean up the questions at QB, DL and OL and we'll be fine.

The ACC, the IPF, and money to enhance recruiting.

Let's Go Orange!

It would be something, that's for sure.

We'd also go 0-12 but it would be something.