So here's the deal to all the "I'm not watching the NIT" crew | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So here's the deal to all the "I'm not watching the NIT" crew

I've been to every home game this year, but I'm skipping tomorrow. I have a 4:30 EST business meeting with people in London Wednesday. Is that a good enough excuse?

If the team wins great. I am not rooting against them. However to be enthusiastic about the NIT isn't going to happen.

I hope we win it. I don't care if we lose tomorrow like I would if it was a regular season game though.

With each NIT win the next game will mean just a bit more for me. I'd really consider driving out for that third NIT home game and would like to see the boys get to MSG. once there might as well get the trophy.

With each NIT win the next game will mean just a bit more for me. I'd really consider driving out for that third NIT home game and would like to see the boys get to MSG. once there might as well get the trophy.

If we get to MSG, I just hope we are wearing matching tops and bottoms this time around...

Also, if you're a family with little kids who may not be able to afford to sit down low during a normal game, this is a great opportunity to get your kids very close to the action, and create another generation of hardcore Cuse fans.
Bingo.

They had this kid Miller, I still remember the name on the back of his jersey (and I am a type who never pays attention to players on another team even to this day), because that dude was a midget pg raining 3's from seemingly half court. As frustrating as it was, you had to respect the hell out of how that kid played. I looked him up and it appears he's actually an assistant coach at Butler now.

Oh, and thanks for the correction Eric, I'll amend the original post.
Was he the guy who gave us the Shhhh sign with his finger over his closed mouth. I said a bad word to him.

I am really starting to not like this board anymore. Either you are an Orange fan or you are not. I would never not root for my team or support them. Bleed Orange always NIT, NCAA or never win a game all season. I think my football fandom probably proves this. Orange always, and always stand behind my players and support them.
No one on this board is going to stop supporting the team but the fact is no one cares about the NIT. It's the consultation tournament. If we win all it means is that we were the best of the bad teams this year. When I played finishing 2nd meant you were the first loser. Winning the NIT makes you the 69th place team in the country.
I will always bleed orange and support the team no matter what but to try and convince yourself the NIT matters to anyone including the players is ridiculous. Do you think JG and AW are going to hyped to play in the NIT as seniors? Don't be surprised if the team comes out with the worst game of the season and we have St John's 2.0

I've been to every home game this year, but I'm skipping tomorrow. I have a 4:30 EST business meeting with people in London Wednesday. Is that a good enough excuse?

Damn Brits - always causing problems!

Obviously everyone is disappointed that we didn't make it. But if JB and crew are patrolling the sidelines and the name on the uniform is still Syracuse, I'll still be watching and pulling for the guys in orange. Sometimes it's easy to get hung up on banners and titles and all that, but it's the journey that matters. If we play some good basketball like I know we are capable of, I'll still enjoy watching. But that's just me. That potential IU matchup next Wednesday is exciting to this guy if we manage to get that far for instance.
This...

One of the most exciting games I ever saw in the Dome was the 2002* NIT against Butler that went to Overtime. I still remember moments from that game 15 years later. I had amazing seats, and it was incredible to me how loud it got in the Dome with only 10k people or so. Why? The people who were there wanted to be there and were loud. It was an awesome game experience and a great basketball game.

If I can get up and excited for a basketball game of former Syracuse also-rans in "TBT" in July for a title that is honestly meaningless, I sure as hell can get up for an NIT game featuring some good teams and some great basketball...even if I don't care about the banner if we hang it.

Obviously everyone is disappointed that we didn't make it. But if JB and crew are patrolling the sidelines and the name on the uniform is still Syracuse, I'll still be watching and pulling for the guys in orange. Sometimes it's easy to get hung up on banners and titles and all that, but it's the journey that matters. If we play some good basketball like I know we are capable of, I'll still enjoy watching. But that's just me. That potential IU matchup next Wednesday is exciting to this guy if we manage to get that far for instance.

*Fixed, thanks Eric15

I was at the SU at Richmond game that 2002 NIT that got SU in the NIT final four and of the 9000+ at UR's Robins Center there was a great contingent of SU fans. There was a fun vibe in that arena. Lots of talk of 1991. It was also the game where Coach Boeheim gave Westhill's Scott Ungerer a hug at the end. I feel the experience learned from that run along with the incredible freshman coming in for 2003 season helped our Championship run.

I agree with your take Ragman. This idea that the NIT is below the team so the fans aren't going to support is the most arrogant thing I've ever heard. It shows that those fans think it is about themselves personally. What they really think is this team is below them. If you are a Syracuse fan, it is mind blowing to think you have zero interest in any Syracuse game. And if you really cared, you'd be there to support the players who are the ones who actually take the hit, not us fans.
honest question, how many games you go to this year houstoncuse?

No one on this board is going to stop supporting the team but the fact is no one cares about the NIT. It's the consultation tournament. If we win all it means is that we were the best of the bad teams this year. When I played finishing 2nd meant you were the first loser. Winning the NIT makes you the 69th place team in the country.
I will always bleed orange and support the team no matter what but to try and convince yourself the NIT matters to anyone including the players is ridiculous. Do you think JG and AW are going to hyped to play in the NIT as seniors? Don't be surprised if the team comes out with the worst game of the season and we have St John's 2.0

Can't say no one cares...I do...because SU is in it.

Ummm...what exactly are they consulting in the tournament?

The best of the bad teams would mean a tournament teams with single digit wins...

There are 2 major post season tournaments that invite 100 teams and SU is one of them, that's something.. There are 250 teams who get nothing. The Orange can play all the way to MSG and be a story line that butts in on the NCAA tourney and keeps SU in the national spotlight and really get under some peoples skin. And who is an SU fan that doesn't want to see those guys play some more in Orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom