So if McNabb, Harrison and Freeney were all to get into | Syracusefan.com

So if McNabb, Harrison and Freeney were all to get into

GoSU96

Living Legend
the HOF SU would be tied with ND at 10, one behind USC.

Not bad. As it is tied for 6th with Bama.

And I know Al Davis is one of the 7.

Freeney has to be a lock, right? The only thing that could trip up Marvin is his off the field stuff at the end of his career, because otherwise he's a top 5 all-time receiver. McNabb is the one whose induction seems most in doubt.

Freeney has to be a lock, right? The only thing that could trip up Marvin is his off the field stuff at the end of his career, because otherwise he's a top 5 all-time receiver. McNabb is the one whose induction seems most in doubt.

Harrison should be a shoo-in, but he might have to wait a long time--both because of his legal problems and due to the cluster of deserving WRs that can't seem to find their way into Canton. He'll get there eventually--no way a player with his level of productivity gets excluded--but it might take a couple of ballots for him.

Those are good candidates, but I don't think any are locks. Marvin "Tasty Kakes" Harrison should be, but McNabb and Freeney might have an uphill battle I think.

If Chris Carter can get in there then Harrison should be a lock.

Those are good candidates, but I don't think any are locks. Marvin "Tasty Kakes" Harrison should be, but McNabb and Freeney might have an uphill battle I think.
Really, you don't think Freeney is? He's 21st all time in sacks with the chance to move up, a 7 time pro-bowler, 1st team all pro 3 times, and is only 4 forced fumbles behind Jason Taylor's record of 47 with a chance to break that with a couple of good years.

Freeney is a 100% lock

Harrison is 85% lock, but may need to wait like Art Monk

IF McNabb gets in, I think it will either be during a weak induction class or via the Veterans Committee (a-la Floyd Little)

Really, you don't think Freeney is? He's 21st all time in sacks with the chance to move up, a 7 time pro-bowler, 1st team all pro 3 times, and is only 4 forced fumbles behind Jason Taylor's record of 47 with a chance to break that with a couple of good years.

And a Super Bowl champ to boot...

Harrison might give the shortest speech in HOF history (assuming he shows up).

Yeah, that wasn't a commentary on Freeney as much as I distrust these evaluation processes.

one thing about Freeney is that he was dominate enough they changed blocking schemes and game plans to try and slow him down. others higher on the list got great sack numbers but were not even close in chaos against the QB..

can he play enough to get 5 more and get into to the top 17-18? there are a bunch of guys he wont catch that are not HF types

one thing about Freeney is that he was dominate enough they changed blocking schemes and game plans to try and slow him down. others higher on the list got great sack numbers but were not even close in chaos against the QB..

can he play enough to get 5 more and get into to the top 17-18? there are a bunch of guys he wont catch that are not HF types

I kind of equate Freeney to Vlad Guerrero in baseball, in that neither one is up there in the record books in a lot of categories, but they were always the guy that the other team was most afraid of. When I think "Dwight Freeney" I think "HoF lock", just like I think with Guerrero.

The football HOF seems like a huge good ol' boy type operation, which should help Freeney (very well respected) and hurt Harrison (opposite of that). But I suspect Harrison gets in eventually, they can't deny his numbers and once Peyton gets in they'll remember all the years those two were the best combo in the league.

McNabb ain't getting in.

I agree.

Freeney and Harrison are first ballot HOFers.

Harrison off the field is subject only to rumor - that's it.

And McNabb should get in as well.

Ah yes, the great Syracuse University Football Tradition - I love it!

The football HOF seems like a huge good ol' boy type operation, which should help Freeney (very well respected) and hurt Harrison (opposite of that). But I suspect Harrison gets in eventually, they can't deny his numbers and once Peyton gets in they'll remember all the years those two were the best combo in the league.

McNabb ain't getting in.

I can't imagine Harrison even cares. I wonder if he would even show up. That's the kind of thing that will work against him (along with removing yourself from the game so you can open a car wash in the mean streets of Philly and shoot people in the hand, but I digress).

John Clayton seems to think that McNabb eventually gets in. And he's a big old nerd, so the optimists have that going for them.

McNabb ain't getting in.

Pretty much agree with this.

I do think there's a chance that over time people will react to McNabb differently than they did while he was playing, and say he was a lot better than they gave him credit for. Not sure it will be enough though.

I can't imagine Harrison even cares. I wonder if he would even show up. That's the kind of thing that will work against him (along with removing yourself from the game so you can open a car wash in the mean streets of Philly and shoot people in the hand, but I digress).

John Clayton seems to think that McNabb eventually gets in. And he's a big old nerd, so the optimists have that going for them.

I think Harrison cares.

And I think that his agreement to appear at the NFL Draft and make a pick for the Colts is an indication that he is trying to become more of a team guy - an NFL guy.

I think Clayton is right - McNabb won too many games - went to too many NFC Championships and has the stats of Fran Tarkenton.

I think Harrison cares.

And I think that his agreement to appear at the NFL Draft and make a pick for the Colts is an indication that he is trying to become more of a team guy - an NFL guy.

I think Clayton is right - McNabb won too many games - went to too many NFC Championships and has the stats of Fran Tarkenton.

I didn't know that on Harrison, that's good for him then. I've become less of an NFL draft watcher, it doesn't hold my attention like it used to. Harrison just seemed like a complete recluse.

Mcnabb is not getting into the Hall of Fame. I can't believe people think so. You could argue for Drew Bledsoe on numbers and he's not getting into the Hall of Fame.

Freeney - 100% lock
Harrison - 100% lock
McNabb - 50%

Freeney revolutionized the stand-up hybrid DE position.

Harrison is all over the record books.

McNabb didn't win a Super Bowl, but had a very good career in a difficult division with a good career W-L.

I'm sure Bryant McKinnie will block Freeney's path to the HOF.

Harrison 100% I think he is considered a hero in his neighborhood

Feeney 85% - a double digit sack year in San Diego should remin folks how dominate a player he was & lock it for him.

McNabb - to many folks ahead of him

I think SU fans should start pushing Jim Nance as a senior candidate. That might be more realistic than Mcnabb

just compare Donovan's to Jim Kelly's stats. Donovan's IS BETTER and I had also heard , but didn't check, has a better play-off record according to sports talk radio show. They read each players stats before naming either one

Kelley's was... 9-7 Playoff Record as Starting QB: 1988 (1-1), 1989 (0-1), 1990 (2-1), 1991 (2-1), 1992 (1-1), 1993 (2-1), 1995 (1-1), 1996 (0-1). A: - See more at: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-jim-kelly's-playoff-record#sthash.6Wgmf4HT.dpuf

Donovan McNabbs playoff record is 2000 (1-1), 2001 (2-1), 2002 (1-1), 2003 (1-1), 2004 (2-1), 2008 (2-1). Total he is 9-6 in the playoffs. A: - See more at: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-donovan-mcnabbs-record-in-the-playoffs#sthash.r5VWt7Lp.dpuf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom