So if Sean Tucker | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

So if Sean Tucker

People trying to give it to him in the middle of his 2nd season when he has under 1000 career rushing yards are jumping the gun a bit.

Keep up this pace for the next couple months and I'd be good with it during the offseason. Feel like the minimum requirements to be considered should need be to be an upperclassmen and be a captain or if being a captain is usually just handed to seniors and/or quarterbacks then displaying captain like qualities is probably good enough for me though something we don't really have access to ever knowing.

People trying to give it to him in the middle of his 2nd season when he has under 1000 career rushing yards are jumping the gun a bit.

Keep up this pace for the next couple months and I'd be good with it during the offseason. Feel like the minimum requirements to be considered should need be to be an upperclassmen and be a captain or if being a captain is usually just handed to seniors and/or quarterbacks then displaying captain like qualities is probably good enough for me though something we don't really have access to ever knowing.

44 was given to HS recruits who were completely unproven on the college level, for decades at Syracuse.
Here's the entire list of 44's starting w/ Jim Brown:

Jim Brown, running back, 1954-56

Thomas Stephens, halfback, 1957-58

Ernie Davis, halfback, 1959-61

William Schoonover, halfback, 1962-63

Floyd Little, running back, 1964-66

Richard Panczyszyn, quarterback, 1967-69

Mandel Robinson, running back, 1977

Glen Moore, running back, 1981-82

Michael Owens, running back, 1987-89

Terry Richardson, running back, 1990-93

Rob Konrad, fullback, 1995-98

Pretty much half these guys are "WHO??"-level players.

Owens, Richardson, and Konrad were all very solid college runners, who repped 44 very well.
There was zero diminishment of the history and legend of 44 by virtue of them having worn it.

We've had other very good to great RB's, who chose NOT to wear 44, even though they were more than worthy of it.
Joe Morris and Larry Czonka are 2 of the more noteworthy of those.

22 still matters in Lax, because it's still on the field regularly.
44 is becoming distant, faint history now, as it has been several decades since it was last worn.

I'd have ZERO problem with Tucker being given that number, and he seems to be on board with it also.

Last edited:
44 was given to HS recruits who were completely unproven on the college level, for decades at Syracuse.
Here's the entire list of 44's starting w/ Jim Brown:

Jim Brown, running back, 1954-56

Thomas Stephens, halfback, 1957-58

Ernie Davis, halfback, 1959-61

William Schoonover, halfback, 1962-63

Floyd Little, running back, 1964-66

Richard Panczyszyn, quarterback, 1967-69

Mandel Robinson, running back, 1977

Glen Moore, running back, 1981-82

Michael Owens, running back, 1987-89

Terry Richardson, running back, 1990-93

Rob Konrad, fullback, 1995-98

Pretty much half these guys are "WHO??"-level players.

Owens, Richardson, and Konrad were all very solid college runners, who repped 44 very well.
There was zero diminishment of the history and legend of 44 by virtue of them having worn it.

We've had other very good to great RB's, who chose NOT to wear 44, even though they were more than worthy of it.
Joe Morris and Larry Czonka are 2 of the more noteworthy of those.

22 still matters in Lax, because it's still on the field regularly.
44 is becoming distant, faint history now, as it has been several decades since it was last worn.

I'd have ZERO problem with Tucker being given that number, and he seems to be on board with it also.
Those were all given within a fairly frequent time period. Think it's a different situation when it's been collecting dust for 23 years and going to make a spectacle of it.

Those were all given within a fairly frequent time period. Think it's a different situation when it's been collecting dust for 23 years and going to make a spectacle of it.
With all the other numbers for basketball and football being up on the wall it looks stupid having 44 up there with no name. Any fans from other schools would have no idea what it is for. It needs to come down, a jac****, put it up there. Need to bring Jim, Davis family, and Floyd's wife, and honor all 3 of the legendary 44's in the proper way at halftime of the Clemson game. With their name and a separate 44 for each.

After the first one (Tucker), it will be a big deal but less so. He’s seems worthy and able.
He may very well be. At this point he is a Soph(FR?) with 900 something career rushing yards. Somewhat embarrassing to even be talking about this when he's played 1 P5 team this year and had 54 yards. If he dominates throughout conference play this year then by all means give it to him.

He may very well be. At this point he is a Soph(FR?) with 900 something career rushing yards. Somewhat embarrassing to even be talking about this when he's played 1 P5 team this year and had 54 yards. If he dominates throughout conference play this year then by all means give it to him.
The P5 stuff needs to stop. Everybody plays scrub teams and pads stats against them. He doesn't need to dominate against P5 teams to be worthy. He needs to be good. But he already proved he was good last year playing the most P5 heavy schedule we've ever had and putting up respectable numbers as a true freshman despite not being the starter until part way through the season.

I'm fine with waiting until next year, but think there's nothing wrong with doing part way through this year if all of the necessary parties want to do it.

On 13 carries and scored our only touchdown

On 13 carries and scored our only touchdown
Thanks for the clarification. Should have had the 44 waiting in his locker postgame I guess.

Thanks for the clarification. Should have had the 44 waiting in his locker postgame I guess.
Your sarcasm is a pretty poor attempt at dismissing the fact he did just fine with the attempts he was given. It wasn't his fault the play calling kept the ball out of his hands. He averaged over 4 ypc. With a normal carry total who's to say he doesn't bust a long one like he did against ND last year (a P5 team).

It's not just about the schedule so far this year. Last year he averaged 4.6 ypc against a difficult schedule on a crap team with a mash unit oline. People on here that coach football say he's the best we've had since Reyes or maybe even Morris, so yeah, the 44 should be waiting in his locker if ever he decides he wants it.

I'm no authority on football talent, but I see something special in him. I'm surprised if somebody doesn't. The fact that he's a sophomore is perfect. We want the number 44 to be on the field in front of us, not a memorial to days gone by.

If Tucker gets 44, do we get 44s the bar back? Is Marc Albert/Sid ready to run it back?
I literally laughed out loud when I read this. I remember those guys very well!!

I'm no authority on football talent, but I see something special in him. I'm surprised if somebody doesn't. The fact that he's a sophomore is perfect. We want the number 44 to be on the field in front of us, not a memorial to days gone by.

Hes NFL legit. Size, speed, vision and ability to explode through the line.

If we can get him some consistent pass catching reps on game tape, that will help him a ton in improving his draft stock.

Someone has to be first. Anyone whose against Sean Tucker being that guy, is against it forever it seems. Would you prefer we gave it to Robert Washington?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom