So if Sean Tucker | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

So if Sean Tucker

is he an outside consultant on this decision as well?

1632873326613.png

It's a question of when not if.

And I really doubt it's up to Owens and Richardson as a voting bloc for something as important, PR Wise, to Syracuse University. Let's be real.

Even for Rob Konrad, it can't hurt his financial services business if his name is mentioned 2,000 times when the number is given out again.

This is happening. I just wonder if it makes sense more during a WF game (where there is less fans but they could build it up during week) or surprise during the Clemson game.

After those games, I suspect season could go sideways where the law of diminishing returns occurs.
As has been said would be cool to do for Clemson as a suprise, but not just to come out of the tunnel with it in front of a packed house, but the Friday night ESPN angle too.

Wildhack could give his buddies at ESPN a behind the scenes heads up, they could have 44 / brown, little, etc cuts ready to air and planned talking points. Would steal some lime light from Clemson, build some heiseman hype even if its a long shot, and do some marketing for the University.

The number does not belong to Jim Brown, and only his jersey is retired, Syracuse does not retire numbers. Meaning the number is available for anyone the University sees fit to give it to.
You're correct in the fact that they retire jerseys, but 44 is the only retired number. Not sure why you're quoting a month old post that I've already gone back on in another thread?

As has been said would be cool to do for Clemson as a suprise, but not just to come out of the tunnel with it in front of a packed house, but the Friday night ESPN angle too.

Wildhack could give his buddies at ESPN a behind the scenes heads up, they could have 44 / brown, little, etc cuts ready to air and planned talking points. Would steal some lime light from Clemson, build some heiseman hype even if its a long shot, and do some marketing for the University.

I think for ticket purposes doing it on a less important game would make more money for the school if they did a social media barrage of sneak previews of what was to come and people wanted to see Tucker come out in 44 for the game.

I would gather the PR for a Clemson game may be worth the 2k extra seats sold for WF

Yep do it!!!! Hell look at that pic posted in this thread, he is already posing for it!

We FINALLY have something cool happening with our program. We have a real star. Maybe the 1st one since McNabb. Give him the GD number. He wants it.
They have to make the proper spectacle of it.

With 638 net yard rushing through 5 games, it looks like the streak of years without a 1000 yard rusher is finally going to end.

Sean has a realistic chance of getting that 1500 yards Go was talking about at the start of the thread.

Let's hope he stays healthy the whole season.
We agreed to count total yards, so the better number is 800+. If it's part of a RB's responsibility to take screen passes and occasional wheels, those yards should be included in the total.

Interesting Nate Mink tweet... 44 confirmed?
I think it was just the photo made it look like 44. 4th in the country and you could only see the 4 in his Jersey ? I could be wrong but that’s how I interpreted it.

I think it was just the photo made it look like 44. 4th in the country and you could only see the 4 in his Jersey ? I could be wrong but that’s how I interpreted it.

Yeah I think he's just making a joke based on the picture

Offer the number in the week after he passes 1,000 and make that the standard.

Giving it to him for the Clemson game creates too much pressure and makes him a target for the best defense we'll face and could backfire.

Wow looks like it’s done to me ! ? !
Sean Tucker on Maxwell Award list.
I think it was tongue in cheek.
Taj or Tucker?
Tucker was added.

I think it was tongue in cheek.
Taj or Tucker?
Tucker was added.
Yea fixed, I would guess McNabb was the last player we had nominated. Quick update ED was on list.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom