So if Sean Tucker | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

So if Sean Tucker

I get both sides of this question. First of all, I think it's a forgone conclusion that Tucker gets #44 next year. The pressure and marketability are going to be sky high. The question is, do you do it this year too?

Tough call I think. If I were the AD, I'd do it this year, if for no other reason than to head off an off-season dominated by this topic in which many fans will criticize you for not doing it this year, and not sure it'll be done next year.

If in fact there is any concern that Tucker is going to portal - and I have no idea- that changes the dynamic. You really don't want egg on your face if you hand the kid the number and he walks. That would be a pr disaster. But maybe you can sway Tucker to stay if he knows he's #44.

If he sets the season rushing record pre-Pitt, I think you try to make it happen for Pitt. Not sure you can keep it a secret through the official process however.

I’m terrified that we are going to lose this kid to a SEC school….

We need to give him the 44 to show him how significant he is to this program
You can't go through life scared about losing football players.
Yeah, I remember the hype for Walter Reyes after he nearly broke Joe Morris's record his junior year. Then he ended up being injured as a senior. There's no guarantees. Strike while the iron is hot. It needed to be done by midseason, WF or Clemson, if it was going to be done this year.
I would like for him to come out of the tunnel on Saturday wearing 44, but saying he needs to wear it now because of what might happen next season doesn't make sense. The odds are no greater that he gets hurt next season than they are for him getting hurt the next game, or in practice during the bye week.
You give it to him now because he's earned it. And he gets to keep it next season even if he gets hurt.

“You do it after he wins the doak walker and the heisman hype is there.” You explicitly said after he wins the award and going into next season you give the jersey. It’s not a lock for him to win the Doak. As the post is worded it sounds like it’s advocating waiting and seeing just like wildhack is. All I know is that he is having his breakout season right now, not in the future, right now. The hype is there now to give it to him. If they announced last week that he was going to get 44 against BC it would probably be a sellout. I don’t see any reason to wait till next year to capitalize on a thing that’s happening rn
The hype will be way bigger next year. Regardless if he wins the Doak or not (he will, IMO, if he keeps this up), there will be serious national attention. Similar to AJ Dillon at BC after his huge year. He's a true Sophomore (technically a freshman). He could set a single season rushing record at SU in his first full season. If he sets that record, and you ramp up the entire spring/fall camp with the Heisman marketing, the next 44, the sky is the limit to what you can do. That momentum also might help the team start fast and maybe earn an early season ranking.

You give him 44 now with a mediocre team that might make a bowl game, maybe he struggles the last few games of the season, the shine disappears and the pressure builds going into next year. All for what, to maybe get a big crowd for BC or to get blown out by Pitt last game of the season? There's not enough runway to sell tickets.

I'd be furious as a salesperson if they did that mid-year. Short term gains over long term gains, IMO.

The hype will be way bigger next year. Regardless if he wins the Doak or not (he will, IMO, if he keeps this up), there will be serious national attention. Similar to AJ Dillon at BC after his huge year. He's a true Sophomore (technically a freshman). He could set a single season rushing record at SU in his first full season. If he sets that record, and you ramp up the entire spring/fall camp with the Heisman marketing, the next 44, the sky is the limit to what you can do. That momentum also might help the team start fast and maybe earn an early season ranking.

You give him 44 now with a mediocre team that might make a bowl game, maybe he struggles the last few games of the season, the shine disappears and the pressure builds going into next year. All for what, to maybe get a big crowd for BC or to get blown out by Pitt last game of the season? There's not enough runway to sell tickets.

I'd be furious as a salesperson if they did that mid-year. Short term gains over long term gains, IMO.

Wait I was totally opposite of you before this post

I agree now 100% with you after this post

My concern is that SU looks at 44 as a brand. Not a tradition. Not something they need to ask "families" about. That has nothing to do with it. Its one of their most profitable "brands".

That's the only reason I see as "complicated". Do they really want some kid cutting into their 44 sales, if they can't get a cut? Heck no. They'll want the $$.

Thats the only reason I see him not getting 44, and its completely ridiculous- therefore? I expect that. Sure. 1 year they lose some 44 sales, but long term? It brings more value to the "Brand."

I will not have your cold logic countering my emotional needs! Who do you think you are?

GOOD DAY SIR!!!

FWIW, Brent Axe said yesterday on his show that he's heard from people that the university hears the fan base and to be patient for what's to come.
This is the way it will happen.

The team runs out of the tunnel following Dino. Tucker is conspicuously absent.

All the smoke begins again and Sean runs to the middle of the field beneath the scoreboard.

From behind the scoreboard out of view from any one and covered with a suit bag something begins to lower and lower until it gets to Sean. Sean begins to remove 34 and the crowd starts going crazy. Sean opens the suit bag takes out 44 does a 360 to show everyone the number puts it on and trots to the sideline acknowledging the crowd.

The scoreboard repeats 44, 44, 44, 44 44.

The Post Standard has only the number 44 at the top of the page nothing else that day.

We win the game and Sean goes over 100 yards again.

In the next days paper there is a huge story telling all about 44 given to Sean Tucker and why.

There is a special meeting the next day televised with ADJW giving a new 44 to Sean with DB and the football team standing beside them. The media has been alerted and from ESPN to CNN they are all there to cover it. Bob Costas is there and also narrates a 3 minute video covering Jim Brown Ernie and Floyd to reacquaint people with its history. The SU marching band plays the alma mater and on it goes.

Getting the media to fully cover this event is the big one and I believe it will be very well received by them. DO IT NOW OR JUST BEFORE THE PITT GAME!! DO NOT WAIT.

Ever hear the story about the woman who was given a beautiful cashmere sweater for her birthday, accepts it from her husband and says “oh John it’s lovely but I want to save it for a special occasion.” The next day she backs out of the driveway and is broadsided by a drunk driver and no one got to see that sweater let alone herself looking in the mirror.

44 to Sean NOW!

Ever hear the story about the woman who was given a beautiful cashmere sweater for her birthday, accepts it from her husband and says “oh John it’s lovely but I want to save it for a special occasion.” The next day she backs out of the driveway and is broadsided by a drunk driver and no one got to see that sweater let alone herself looking in the mirror.
Dude what?

Beware of husbands bearing cashmere!
1635550709403.gif

Manny's is now selling Sean Tucker T-shirts, FYI all...

Dude what?
bnoro: sorry you didn't get the analogy so I'll explain - she never got to wear the cashmere sweater because she was dead before she could try it on - Sean may never get to wear 44 because the "families" think it's thiers or some stupid other reason. OK dude?

man, if Carter and Reyes (rip) has better health leaving college

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom