So if Sean Tucker | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

So if Sean Tucker

We can't even get anybody to New York anymore.
No love from The Spun.

Or The Lines.

Action Network has Sean listed but he isn't even one of the 10 players with the best odds in the ACC.

ESPN has him listed but way back.

It is going to be a tough task for Sean to get serious consideration. So many of the favorites are from top 10 type teams. There is a huge bias towards players who play on great teams. SU almost has to find its way into the top 25 for Sean to really get looked at seriously.

No love from The Spun.

Or The Lines.

Action Network has Sean listed but he isn't even one of the 10 players with the best odds in the ACC.

It is going to be a tough task for Sean to get serious consideration. So many of the favorites are from top 10 type teams. There is a huge bias towards players who play on great teams. SU almost has to find its way into the top 25 for Sean to really get looked at seriously.

Yeah, I'd put his odds extremely low too. The last Heisman winner on a team with less than 9 wins was 1998 when Ricky Williams won it with the 8-3 Longhorns. Unless you foresee next years Syracuse squad winning 9+ games, there's next to zero chance that Sean would be a top-end Heisman candidate.

Unless you foresee next years Syracuse squad winning 9+ games, there's next to zero chance that Sean would be a top-end Heisman candidate.
There’s always 2023. ;)

* well maybe, if he likes the coaching changes and chance to improve his status.

No love from The Spun.

Or The Lines.

If I am Syracuse, I look to find a way to get Tucker five touchdowns against UCLOWN in game one.

Set the tone.

No love from The Spun.

Or The Lines.

Yep, we need to win and we need to get him big numbers early.

BTW, the best player in the country next year is Will Anderson.

It makes sense that Tucker would not have favorable odds to win the heisman and that's not insulting him or discounting his talent. Let's be objective. Kenneth Walker finished 6th and MSU was 11-2. RBs need to put up insane numbers and/or be the undisputed leader of a NC contender to be in serious contention for the heisman now.

The QB that won it this year is back next year and a new crop of highly touted QBs will be showing up next year. Those are preseason leaders.

If Tucker runs for 1800 yds and 20 tds, he'll get mentioned, but even that probably won't be enough to be in NYC unless we have a miracle run to the playoff.

It makes sense that Tucker would not have favorable odds to win the heisman and that's not insulting him or discounting his talent. Let's be objective. Kenneth Walker finished 6th and MSU was 11-2. RBs need to put up insane numbers and/or be the undisputed leader of a NC contender to be in serious contention for the heisman now.

The QB that won it this year is back next year and a new crop of highly touted QBs will be showing up next year. Those are preseason leaders.

If Tucker runs for 1800 yds and 20 tds, he'll get mentioned, but even that probably won't be enough to be in NYC unless we have a miracle run to the playoff.

So he has to run for 2,500 and win the chip.

Done and done.

I will say this, if he were to be in strong contention for Doak Walker, that would make me really happy and I think it's something he can get.

Last edited:
If I am Syracuse, I look to find a way to get Tucker five touchdowns against UCLOWN in game one.

Set the tone.

Unfortunately, it's game 2. We're probably opening with Louisville in the Dome.

I'd try to get him 6 TDs in that game. 3 straight years of humiliation to make up for. 2 TDs for each one.

Yeah, I'd put his odds extremely low too. The last Heisman winner on a team with less than 9 wins was 1998 when Ricky Williams won it with the 8-3 Longhorns. Unless you foresee next years Syracuse squad winning 9+ games, there's next to zero chance that Sean would be a top-end Heisman candidate.
Then it shall be done. 15-0 and 2000 yards with 25 TDs rushing, and 500 yards with 5 TDs receiving

Words cannot express my excitement for how Tucker will be complemented with the transfer RB and a healthy Pena/Courtney duo

So he has to run for 2,500 and win the chip.

Done and done.

I will say this, if he were to be in strong contention for Doak Walker, that would make me really happy and I think it's something he can get.
I'll have what he's having...make it a double.

hopefully he doesn't get hurt but i am pleased with his performance
Would he be more likely get hurt running track than running sprints as part of the S&C program?

It sure is, and is just as safe. There is zero additional injury risk here. He's not pole vaulting. Did people worry when Donovon Darius ran track?

Ah I misread your post. Thought you were saying running track wasn’t a good idea.

I’m all for it

Ah I misread your post. Thought you were saying running track wasn’t a good idea.

I’m all for it
As a track and field fan, I love it. I'm interested in seeing his numbers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom