So if Sean Tucker | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

So if Sean Tucker

This will probably not be popular.

I'm sorry, but all the hand-wringing about 44/Not44 is silly.

The amount of people who care are mostly limited to this board.

I fail to see how ST not wearing 44 tarnishes what Ernie Davis/Jim Brown/Floyd Little/Mandel Robinson did.

To me, it makes little difference. View attachment 210104
I agree that Tucker not wearing the.number will have no effect on the roles the past treats have played on the field, off the field and in the lives of many others the affected.

I believe Tucker is the right guy to carry the legacy on the field, off the field and in life. I would like to see Tucker wear #44 and carry on the tradition, but I will not be less of a fan of SU or Sean Tucker if he does not wear #44.

P.S. my opinion is that Jim Brown has done more good for society as a whole than harm. He made mistakes and paid for them, he also owned his mistakes, corrected the mistakes as much as possible, and became a better man for them. If that does not help society, nothing will.

I respect others opinions to the contrary, please do likewise.

The video board should have clips of all the 44's, where they run crazy, and the last clip of each handing the ball to the ref, but edit it, so ti looks like each is handing off to the next, all the way until the last 44, where the last 44 (Konrad) is seen reaching his hand out, like he is giving 44 to Sean, to carry the legacy. OR, even better, Konrad is there in person to hand it over.

I fail to see how ST not wearing 44 tarnishes what Ernie Davis/Jim Brown/Floyd Little/Mandel Robinson did.

That is the flip side of the argument.

My point is if we are making a big deal about great RBs who wore the number but refuse to give it to a modern one, the legacy is old and gone and not that important in modern football. That’s fine - but that’s a choice to let it fade as a thing we used to have. Cobwebs on the paintings in basements of museums. I’m sure someone will still care, until they are gone too.

(Side note: my 12 year old desperately wants to see his Ernie Davis in Tucker after watching The Express. Why not give it to him? He’ll be taking his kids to the dome talking him up to his kids one day. Would be awesome to draw a line between the great RB of old and the new heroes now)

I rest my case and yield back to the gentleman who mods

We have no traditions at Syracuse.... except 44. I'm sorry - standing up and clapping until the first basket in hoops is not a tradition.

44 is what we have. It needs to be used both on the hoops and football side. Derrick Coleman. John Wallace. Michael Owens. Rob Konrad. These are the legends from my time on the Hill. During my dad's time - it was Ernie, Floyd and Jim Brown.

It's time to keep the tradition going. For the current generation.

I disagree. I think the hardcore fans - such as those fans on this board - care very much, as evidenced by the constant discussion here on the topic. The OTHER people, let’s call them “muggles” will care about whatever we tell them to care about. By definition, they don’t follow things SU closely, so if the University and the hardcore fans make a big deal out of it, most of them will believe it’s a big deal. But if WE as hardcore fans, are indifferent or unimpressed, there is no way to energize the muggles. It starts with us.

chadwick-boseman-the-express-28c6a152797aac8b.jpg

Chadwick/Black Panther was Floyd Little for gods sake. 44 can be brought back with images and connections that kids of today will understand and levitate to

We really need to capitalize more on the Express in recruiting.
Im too young to remember but how was it used in recruiting when it came out?

Grabted PSU embarrassed us that year and G Rob ensued

Im too young to remember but how was it used in recruiting when it came out?

Grabted PSU embarrassed us that year and G Rob ensued
Ya that was not a good day we got embarrassed on national TV with Dennis Quaid there.

If we’re wrong about 44, nothing happens! We go away, peacefully, quietly. We’ll enjoy it. But if we’re right, and we can use this thing...Lenny...you will have saved the lives of millions of registered fans.

Announcers on football games are now asking why the hell Syracuse won't give him the 44. The next thing they might ask is there something unworthy about Tucker that they don't know about. Inaction also has consequences.

Ya that was not a good day we got embarrassed on national TV with Dennis Quaid there.
Absolutely sucked, as bad a team as we have ever put on the field for that weekend with the Ernie Davis festivities. a friend had come up with some PSU fans and I told them PSU woud score the first 6 times they had the ball. I was wrong they fumbled away the first possession, then scored the next 6 times they had the ball. We were awful.

If we’re wrong about 44, nothing happens! We go away, peacefully, quietly. We’ll enjoy it. But if we’re right, and we can use this thing...Lenny...you will have saved the lives of millions of registered fans.
Classic Ghostbusters reference!!

no just based on what he has already done and definitely the eye test! they'd be stupid not too give him the #44!!!

also seriously this discussion is getting old! Not by fault by anyone on here just the high up/ trustees, whatever the guys r called that make that decision at SU! Enough already!

Absolutely sucked, as bad a team as we have ever put on the field for that weekend with the Ernie Davis festivities. a friend had come up with some PSU fans and I told them PSU woud score the first 6 times they had the ball. I was wrong they fumbled away the first possession, then scored the next 6 times they had the ball. We were awful.
In our family that is known as the "Ichiban game". To that point was the first and only time left a game early in 30 years of fandom. Seeing the ineptitude displayed, thus "Knowing" the likely horrendous outcome of the game, my nephew and I left in the first quarter.

Went to Ichiban for a full delightful Asian meal complete with flying food all over the place, including a piece of shrimp landing directly and nestling nicely and comfortably into my shirt pocket, then some post meal tea....we indulged and enjoyed, then came back with the game STILL in the fourth quarter to the dome to the Fine mess tailgate location remembering that some in our crew decided to not even go into the game.

Ohh what a memory.....wasn't all bad that day!

"And with how this season is going, I definitely plan to come back better than ever next season.”
Couldn’t read the article but the quote above it is great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom